GXP 5.3 vs Coyote 5.0

11gtcs

Established Member
The weather was nice out and I had the day off work so I decided to take my car out for a little rip. So after cruzin for a bit I ended up in Mexico and after some sprinted driving through some twisty roads I was taking it easy on the straight road and notice a GXP 5.3 catching up to me. I'm doing about 30mph and he gets beside me and just goosed it, I knew there was a sharp corner with a set of lights coming up quick so I just let him go. I get around that corner and he's sitting there at the red light in the left lane behind a car that's turning left and I'm in the right lane behind a truck with a straight road in front of us. The light turns green and the car in front of him turned left, we got across the intersection then he goosed it again and jumped out probably 2 cars on me before I decided I was going to try and reel him in. I grabbed 2nd gear, got in the open left lane behind that GXP 5.3 and the chase was on. By the time I was mid 3rd gear I was back in the right lane beside him pedaling to hear if he was still in it and he was so I got back in it for a sec then short shifted 3rd to 4th and easily pulled on him then had to get on the brakes because there was 2 quick right 45* turns coming up followed by a set of lights. I was in 3rd for the first corner and he was trying to chase me down in the outside left lane, the next right 45* corner is coming up real quick now and I'm still in front and going slow enough for 2nd gear so approaching the second corner I grab 2nd gear then power through the turn and walk the rear end out just a bit for fun. Then we catch the red light and when buddy gets beside me I give him the thumbs up. He rolled his window down and said that he likes messing with fast cars. I told him that he had some work to do. Lol

I'm not sure what mods he had but his exhaust was defiantly louder than mine.

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Why be a dick? Sounds like he knew you had the faster car and only wanted to see you get on it.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
What GXP is a 5.3?
If we are talking about Pontiac G8, the GT version has a 6.0 (not an LS2).
The GXP is sporting the 6.2 LS3.

:shrug:

2KBlackGT

Established Member
^Maybe the Grand Prix GXP? I think they may have come with the 5.3 in the later years.

11gtcs

Established Member
Why be a dick? Sounds like he knew you had the faster car and only wanted to see you get on it.

So, this guy was antagonizing me wanting to race, looking over at me and goosing it while in the lane beside me and when I finally decided to whoop him, That makes me a dick? Lol ok.

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

Established Member
So, this guy was antagonizing me wanting to race, looking over at me and goosing it while in the lane beside me and when I finally decided to whoop him, That makes me a dick? Lol ok.

Your comprehension isn't very good. This issue isn't you beating him lol. He even admitted a as much by saying he likes messing with fast cars, that means he like seeing them get on it, not that he thinks he'll beat them. Then in return you tell him he has some work to do, THAT is the dick part.

I do the same thing he did towards cars I know will bust my ass. I just want to see them go.

11gtcs

Established Member
His car was clearly modded and maybe my comment was to help encourage him to keep working on his car to make it faster. Anyways, we talked for a bit at the red light and he didn't seem offended but either way thanks for your input.

Last edited:

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
What GXP is a 5.3?
If we are talking about Pontiac G8, the GT version has a 6.0 (not an LS2).
The GXP is sporting the 6.2 LS3.

:shrug:

like others said above, gm made 2005-2007 5.3 liter (ls4) motor in the gxp grand prix from 2005-2006, and monte carlo ss until 2007 i belive and impala ss, it was a 5.3 liter ls base motor for front wheel drive cars it was rated 303hp

5.3 liter ls4 v8 303hp

Users who are viewing this thread