H pipe HELP

ConeCrusher281

Established Member
I got all the bolts out from the old h pipe except for the passenger side manifold to h pipe. The top bolt will not come out and the bottom bolt is blocked by the o2 sensor, which i cannot seem to get either. Any help is needed; thanks in advance.:beer:

stangbanger856

Established Member
Heat it up.with a torch. If you don't have one turn the car on for a minute and let it heat up. Then try to break them lose.

ConeCrusher281

Established Member
Tried both and hit the nut with impact gun at 160 psi and nothing. I'm just gonna let it soak in some liquid wrench overnight

SVTPete83

Established Member
Odds are you're cross threaded or it's just stuck. The nuts get damaged really easy for some reason. I swapped mine out a few times now. It's much easier with the o2's out too. An end wrench and hitting it always gets em loose for me.

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
I had a shop do my midpipe just because exhaust work sucks and getting to the passenger side lower nut looks like a nightmare. They ended up breaking off the top nut too and had to use a bolt and nut. Good luck.

ConeCrusher281

Established Member
Eventually got it just by letting it soak overnight. Even though it was a PITA it was worth it. The exhaust sounds so sick. Now I just have to be careful not to get a ticket

Users who are viewing this thread