H&R Race springs, Centerforce DFX clutch installed

r6bullet

Established Member
Well after almost a year of driving the car with an extreamly hard clutch pedal and factory ride height cobra I finially got some new parts on.
First off the springs are great, the ride is defenitly stiffer than stock but in a good way. Just flat out feels better when driving it, plus I love the back of the car looks now. I put the springs in yesterday and put all the ISOs back in, I lowered my lift down and noticed the front end looked like it barely dropped. I did the alignment and have been driving the car around to get the springs to settle a little. The front did go down some but I am thinking about removing one of the front ISOs to get the look I want. MM C/C plates where also installed, and now that the car is down a little lower I may have to put wheels/tires up higher on my to do list.

As far as the clutch goes, my car has always had a really stiff pedal. I got tired of it as it would actually hurt your leg after about 30min. I pulled the trans and found my throwout bearing and guide tube where pretty much stuck together. Almost couldn't even move it by hand, replaced the guide tube and bearing and also installed the DFX clutch from centerforce. Pedal feels great now, and the DFX clutch is starting to get broken in now. This clutch does not like to slip and it will chatter if you let it. It has gotten better and is very streetable once used to it. LOVE IT...

Ok now some pics, let me know what you guys think I should do with the ISOs. Maybe even take one out from the front and rear?

Stock

Cobra094.jpg

Cobraexhaust002copy.jpg

H&R race springs with factory ISOs (pics are quick ones, car is dirty)

Newsprings005copy.jpg

Newsprings015copy.jpg

Newsprings018copy.jpg

Newsprings021copy.jpg

Newsprings023copy.jpg

Newsprings039copy.jpg

Newsprings037copy.jpg

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
+1 on the wider tires and it will look sick!

r6bullet

Established Member
I bought the car 100% stock, all pics are mine. I really would like to get some wheels/tires now, thinking some 18" hyperblack saleens. Would like to get some True Forged mach 5's, but don't really want to spend that much. I would also like to get that factory pulley off my car, I think that is what is next for me.
Do you guys think I should do anything with the ISO's? I drove the car again today and while walking up to it in a parking lot it looks like the front end got slightly lower. I may just leave it, love driving this car so much more now. Thanks for the kind words

bubbrubb

I love the way sonics look with chrome wheels. Anything chrome with a staggered width gets my vote. I'd take a look at your generic wheels like chrome 03 wheels in 18" or chrome saleens. I'd say stay away from bullets, they look pretty bad in chrome!! I personally like the raked look of your car, so I wouldn't change a thing unless its just a little too much for your taste. I also like your definition of "dirty" because most members would hope to be able to keep their car as dirty as yours on a daily basis :beer:

r6bullet

Established Member
I love the way sonics look with chrome wheels. Anything chrome with a staggered width gets my vote. I'd take a look at your generic wheels like chrome 03 wheels in 18" or chrome saleens. I'd say stay away from bullets, they look pretty bad in chrome!! I personally like the raked look of your car, so I wouldn't change a thing unless its just a little too much for your taste. I also like your definition of "dirty" because most members would hope to be able to keep their car as dirty as yours on a daily basis :beer:

LOL, thanks.. I say its dirty becuase after the spring install I took it for a small spin before I did the alignment to just kinda seat everything and that was the first time I have had the car in the rain. Have had the car almost a year now, so for me that is dirty I guess. I have thought about some chrome 03 Cobra wheels in 18"s, I do like the way they look. If I did do the saleens they would be 18" for sure. Really leaning towards the saleens at the moment and trust me this car will NEVER get a set of bullets. Used to like them but just can't stand to look at them anymore.

ka3ak

Breast Connoisseur
Established Member
you can't even tell that the centerforce is in there, it's a sleeper. looks good

r6bullet

Established Member
you can't even tell that the centerforce is in there, it's a sleeper. looks good

:lol:
Yea I know, but it is in there. Chevy orange pressure plate and all:lol1:

I think I have decided to leave the ISOs in, I will know better once the car gets some 18"s. I just love walking out to the car in a parking lot and seeing it lower to the ground. Looks SO much better, thanks again for the comments:beer:

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
I just did that same clutch in my Terminator about 2 months ago. I know what ya mean about it taking some getting used too. I have a new Whipple sitting here waiting to be installed... and will put that new clutch to good use!

Car looks great! :rockon:

r6bullet

Established Member
I just did that same clutch in my Terminator about 2 months ago. I know what ya mean about it taking some getting used too. I have a new Whipple sitting here waiting to be installed... and will put that new clutch to good use!

Car looks great! :rockon:

Have to let me know how well the clutch handles the power, feels like it will hold anything. Dosn't like to slip much..
I am also thinking about a possible whipple setup in the future, clutch should handle it just fine I think

SSSNAKE03

WhippleCharged
Established Member
Looks good man. I knew you were thinking about lowering it. I have the Race springs as well...removed all top isos, stock bottom isos are still in place. I like the stance, but it could be a tad lower imo.

Car looks good. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread