H&R SS Springs & Cutting Bump Stops

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Those of you guys that run these springs, how much did you cut the rear bump stops? I got a chance to put a couple of miles on the car yesterday since the I did the install a couple months ago and realized it was very hard riding in the rear...well its because the car is sitting on the stock bump stop :bash:

Guess I should have read the instructions.

Thanks guys.

stang8psi

Established Member
I have the 2005-2010 sportlines on mine and I cut the top half of the bumpstop off, And I have not hit since

Qwik8

Qwik 8 Bait Co.
Established Member
I just bought these same springs to go on mine, are you satisfied with them other than the bumpstop deal? And did you do shocks/struts and upper and lower control arms when you did your install?

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
I just bought these same springs to go on mine, are you satisfied with them other than the bumpstop deal? And did you do shocks/struts and upper and lower control arms when you did your install?

I love them... Awesome slammed stance. I did Steeda Pro-Action shocks and struts and GT-500 Strut mounts.... Also did BMR UCA, LCA's, LCA Relos, and PHB.

Last edited:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
I ran these springs on my '11 and loved them as well. Amazing stance and rode great still imo. I believe I cut the top two sections off of the rear bump stops, leaving the lower base portion. This didn't seem to cause me any issues either.

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
I ran these springs on my '11 and loved them as well. Amazing stance and rode great still imo. I believe I cut the top two sections off of the rear bump stops, leaving the lower base portion. This didn't seem to cause me any issues either.

Thanks man.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member

^This is exactly what I did rides great.

Strongly recommended to go with an aftermarket shock/strut of some sort with this aggressive of a drop. I know some guys with extreme drops have blown out the stock seals. I did Tokico D-Specs and worth EVERY Penny! Amazing the ride difference between Full hard and Full Soft. Adjusts in minutes.

I did all my suspension at once so I wouldn't have to take shit back apart. UCA,LCA's, Adj PHB, LCA Relocation, Struts, Shocks, Springs, GT500 mounts(110% Required) and bump stops will need trimmed as well.

Last edited:

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Another Shot
lsri.jpg

Qwik8

Qwik 8 Bait Co.
Established Member
Another Shot
lsri.jpg

Looks great, just curious why you think the gt500 strut mounts are a must.... I have never messed with these newer cars always been a foxbody guy up until now... I had no clue I was gonna end up dropping a grand on suspension parts..... These coyotes are a lot more expensive to play with haha...

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
^This is exactly what I did rides great.

Strongly recommended to go with an aftermarket shock/strut of some sort with this aggressive of a drop. I know some guys with extreme drops have blown out the stock seals. I did Tokico D-Specs and worth EVERY Penny! Amazing the ride difference between Full hard and Full Soft. Adjusts in minutes.

I did all my suspension at once so I wouldn't have to take shit back apart. UCA,LCA's, Adj PHB, LCA Relocation, Struts, Shocks, Springs, GT500 mounts(110% Required) and bump stops will need trimmed as well.
Thanks for keeping my hopes down! Now i just gotta save up a little under 1k to build up my suspension. At least I have one part of the puzzle... the H&R SS springs! lol

Im planning to go 20's @ 255 front and possibly 305 rear. Think it can be done?

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Looks great, just curious why you think the gt500 strut mounts are a must.... I have never messed with these newer cars always been a foxbody guy up until now... I had no clue I was gonna end up dropping a grand on suspension parts..... These coyotes are a lot more expensive to play with haha...

GT500 Strut Mounts are a must if you change Struts/Shocks most of them were developed for the 05-10 Cars which are different in height although a lot of sites(American Muscle) Specifically say for 11-14's. In turn once you tighten down the factory strut mount collapsing the lowering spring you'll have 3-4 inches sticking out of the top of the strut mount, which means your hood isn't closing. Steeda makes a spacer which is 30 bucks but a lot of people end up getting creaking and popping because ball bearings fall out of the factory strut mounts. Basically since your dropping a grand spend the extra $110 bucks and do it right. I found out the hard way and had to have them overnighted. Learn from my mistakes lol.

The factory mounts will work if you don't change struts/shocks but then you run the risk of blowing seals. I was in the same boat as you guys what started as a 249.99 drop spring turned into a 1500 ordeal. If your taking the time to tear it down just do it all.

Good thing is these cars come apart easy took me about 4 hours to do everything. Granted I had a 1/2 drive cordless impact, in/lb & ft/lb trq wrenches, an 18MM Deep Socket, a Low profile jack and 4 jackstands.

Car Deff rides amazing on soft. Will smoke a boss through corners on hard, looks amazing. While having zero seal blowout issues, not one creak or pop, no increased NVH. I don't regret in anyways biting the bullet and doing it right.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Thanks for keeping my hopes down! Now i just gotta save up a little under 1k to build up my suspension. At least I have one part of the puzzle... the H&R SS springs! lol

Im planning to go 20's @ 255 front and possibly 305 rear. Think it can be done?

255 front/305's rear are no problem providing you aren't looking for a 40+ series sidewall. If you are this isn't the drop for you

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
Yup ^^^ For $100 GT500 mounts were a no-brainer. My stock mounts blew up when I broke everything down anyway, so I'm glad I grabbed a set from AM.....Night and day difference in design and quality.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Yup ^^^ For $100 GT500 mounts were a no-brainer. My stock mounts blew up when I broke everything down anyway, so I'm glad I grabbed a set from AM.....Night and day difference in design and quality.

:rockon: It's actually quite hilarious when you compare them side my side. Hard to tell from the pictures. It's like wtf ford ?!?! really ??

Users who are viewing this thread