H&R Super Sports Springs Problem

crr084

Established Member
I just installled the H&R Sport Springs on my 2003 Cobra and Im having the same problem. My rear dropped about 1.5 - 2 inches compared to my front only dropping about 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch. Its almost a reversed look for what I was going for. I called H&R and they claim that there is no settling involved with their springs and once theyre installed thats the way they look. Im not happy with the stance at all. Their estimated mesasurements were off by a a lot! They look nothing like the pictures that I saw of just H&R SS springs installed and nothing else. What should I do?

I totally hear you. I'm wishing I would've went with the Ford Racing C springs (which are on back order till the end of time) or the Race Springs which offer a tad more clearance than the super sports (but not by much). I'd suggest doing what I'm going to do, drive carefully and get some different springs (probably the above ones I mentioned). I'm going to give it a couple months though so I don't change my mind, I like the look but not the scraping.

Now you need some wider rims or a spacer in the rear to give it that wide stance look. Trust me it looks tons better with the spacers or wider rims and tires.

Totally agree. Thinking 18x9s front, 18x10s rear, but its just a matter of saving/ looking around. Right now I'm thinking black bullitts for my rio red cobra.

Are you sure you have the correct springs in the front and the back? It's easy to get the them swapped around. :shrug:

Yes, front says (F), rear says (R). And I have new isolators on too. Thanks for the input though.

Users who are viewing this thread