Hacksaw Ridge

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
What an amazing story. Desmond Doss risked jail/dishonaroble discharge in a war he did not have to join. He volunteered, simply to save lives nothing more. Giving his life, his blood, his pain, was worthy if he could save one life. He nevered wavered about convictions of his life, faith.

The movie shows the horror/brutality of war. Land Power and Resources will be fought over until the end of time taking with it millions if not billion of human life. How Thankful we should be that have heroes who about others so much as to give their lives to save the men on their left and their right!

It is a great movie!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I'm surprised no one else has seen it.
From the men who served with him: [video]https://youtu.be/4E3reiJYFpw[/video]

He definitely had more courage than I have. He volunteered to go to war without a gun for the sole purpose of saving lives. With a conscientious objector they a forced to go to war. The war scenes are brutal, mud maid with more blood than rain.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
I plan to go see it soon. The only bad thing I've read about it is that most of the guys running and gunning have never ending ammo and don't reload lol

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
From my perspective of seeing it once the movie jumps around way too much. They are shooting and then killed or the film jumps to another soldier. There's only one scene that I would question ammo.

Thump_rrr

Established Member
From my perspective of seeing it once the movie jumps around way too much. They are shooting and then killed or the film jumps to another soldier. There's only one scene that I would question ammo.
I agree with your assessment.
It is a great story that has never been told before on film.
I'm glad I saw it on the big screen.

usafimj

Established Member
Great movie. Really enjoyed the first half showing what he went through and not giving up on his beliefs. Especially enjoyed how his father was a hard ass, swallowed his pride, and came through for him. As for the second half of the film he does his job to the full extent and then some. kept saving people when his entire unit rolled out.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
I saw it the weekend it came out. It was a great movie. The war scenes are about as good as can be done. Just brutal and bloody. I'd give it 4.5/5 stars but Hollywood and the left won't like it because it's about war, religion and has Mel Gibson.

I have pretty much liked all his work.

Users who are viewing this thread