~ had QUITE a SCARE today!!! ~

jdm99svt

jdm99svt
Established Member
I'll let this photo tell the story....if nobody can figure it out ( I know at least someone here has had this happen ) then I'll tell..............needless to say I am super relieved I didn't join the ever growing "club"

click link to view
Snapfish: Share Photo:Registration

thanks for looking!!!

jdm99svt

jdm99svt
Established Member
I should add that based on what I saw in the rearview I thought for sure I was a newfound member of the "club" :cryying::cryying:

jdm99svt

jdm99svt
Established Member
alright, I'll let ya'll in on it.....its a busted heater hose going from the firewall to the intake

Snapfish: Share Photo:Registration

...tell you guys what, when this hose blows all you can think of is "hmmm, should I go built, or factory long block?" lol.....there was so much steam ( looked like thick white smoke ) rolling out the back of the truck I thought for sure I punched a hole in the block....so glad it was just a hose........now, I get to clean the motor/truck etc etc :beer:

I

uncooked

Established Member
Seems like a fairly common thing.... Gonna have to inspect mine one of these days.

Must of felt good to pop the hood and spot that instead of a few windows in the block ! :beer:

Rook

Established Member
i thought i had a head gasket blow on mine and was a small pin hole thanks for the part number.

lightning25

SEANSVT
Established Member
can someone give me a better description of where this is, i'm a littie confused about "from the firewall to the intake"??

lucky it wasn't a window. good luck cleaning your engine bay!

Sean

203Cree

Established Member
can someone give me a better description of where this is, i'm a littie confused about "from the firewall to the intake"??

lucky it wasn't a window. good luck cleaning your engine bay!

Sean

There's two heater hoses running from the upper intake to the firewall on the passenger side of the motor. What happens is there's a reducer. The hose gets weak on the front side and bursts. It's about a 30 dollar fix. Lots of people have had it happen, usually goes under higher RPM. Nothin to do about it really except replace it when it goes.

Here's a thread I made about it a few years ago. Check out the pics, shows you which hose(s) we're talking about.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2nd-generation-22/469240-expensive-day-me-lol.html

Last edited:

lightning25

SEANSVT
Established Member
There's two heater hoses running from the upper intake to the firewall on the passenger side of the motor. What happens is there's a reducer. The hose gets weak on the front side and bursts. It's about a 30 dollar fix. Lots of people have had it happen, usually goes under higher RPM. Nothin to do about it really except replace it when it goes.

Here's a thread I made about it a few years ago. Check out the pics, shows you which hose(s) we're talking about.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2nd-generation-22/469240-expensive-day-me-lol.html

thanks for the info!
is there a way to prevent this from happening? i would like to save myself the trouble!

Sean

Users who are viewing this thread