Had the car tuned today. How do these numbers sound...

holiks03cobra

Established Member
...775rwhp/760rwtq. This is on the new teksid block build I recently had done. Stock crank/rods, Gibtec pistons(9.5:1 comp), stock heads(no work done), 98 cobra cams, the rest of the mods are in my sig. I was thinking it would've hit 800 on this setup...

rymax101

Established Member
Well over 800 at the crank. Can't see sig? What was your fuel type, psi, and spark timing?

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

holiks03cobra

Established Member
Well over 800 at the crank. Can't see sig? What was your fuel type, psi, and spark timing?

Really? that's weird. But...
Teksid, 2.9 Whipple, 3.00 RR non slip pulley, Accufab SBTB, Next Gen JLT HB CAI, SCT 2600, BilletFlow Idlers, Metco 2lb lower, NGK TR6 Plugs
e85, Bosch 105LB Inj., Lethal Budget Return Kit w/twin walbro 465 pumps,-8 feed line, Fore rails, -6 return line
Kooks 1-3/4" Long Tubes, Kooks 3" o/r x-pipe, SS Bassani 3" Catback with super 44 flowmasters
I think timing was set a 22*

rymax101

Established Member
I'm not an expert at that power level by any means but I've been told if you are over 700hp you want to step to the sct3000

holiks03cobra

Established Member
I'm not an expert at that power level by any means but I've been told if you are over 700hp you want to step to the sct3000

I used that maf on the stock motor making 720rwhp and all seemed well. Wouldn't the tuner see in the log that it was pegged if it was?

MG0h3

Established Member
Thats pretty damn solid. Typically you dont see the torque so close to the HP numbers when you get up high like that. The dyno could be a few % off and you could be at 800. Havent seen anyone running flowmasters on high HP cars in a long time so not sure if thats helping any.

holiks03cobra

Established Member
Thats pretty damn solid. Typically you dont see the torque so close to the HP numbers when you get up high like that. The dyno could be a few % off and you could be at 800. Havent seen anyone running flowmasters on high HP cars in a long time so not sure if thats helping any.
I've noticed that. My numbers before this build was 720/744. I've heard people say that the dyno I was at read low. They'd go somewhere else and their numbers came up. If the flows are hurting it can't be more than 5-10hp. Besides I have had many mufflers/catbacks on my car and always come back to flows lol

ctgreddy

Established Member
I'd be a little dissapointed by not making 800 with that setup, especially with how much the blowers being spun. but the torque is awesome. All in all I'd be happy!

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I don't see any reason to be disappointed. 775/760 is badass......throw on a set of 17" rubberbands out rear and hunt around for a happy dyno....bet you get the 800+.....with no other changes. Still the same car and powerplant at the end of the day.

holiks03cobra

Established Member
I'd be a little dissapointed by not making 800 with that setup, especially with how much the blowers being spun. but the torque is awesome. All in all I'd be happy!
Yeah, I'm thinking about taking it to another dyno to see what it reads. I know this setup has 800 in it. My tune was done via email. The shop did a pull sent it to my tuner. He made "adjustments" and sent it back. Then said he had something to do and we were stuck with that tune. I'm still a little mad about that.

Users who are viewing this thread