• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Had to Share This!!

Discussion in 'Terminator Talk' started by Patriot Guy, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Patriot Guy

Patriot Guy Member Established Member

My daughter and I were comming home from the gym and we were stopped at a light when this new camaro rolls up behind me, think it was an SS, but he was so close to my bumper I couldn't tell. He was revving and acting like he wanted to play. I wouldn't even think of it in town and especially not with my daughter in the car with me. Anyway, there was a young guy in a Statue of Liberty outfit holding up a sign for a Tax company in the median and he spots the Terminator. The young guy runs up to us, totally oblivious to the camaro, and yells to us that his dad has a Mach 1 but that he really loves the Cobra. He then asks me if it is real and I tell him it is and rev the engine to about 5K a couple of times. I am running a full 3" uncatted exhaust with Bassani OR X pipe and magnaflow magnapacs. The young guy is smiling ear to ear and giving me a big thumbs up. All the while I am watching the guy in the Camaro lose his smile and start slumping in his seat. I couldn't help but grin a bit myself. As we stated to leave the light I gave the young fellow in the median a thumbs up and thank you for making my day. The camaro stayed at the light a bit longer than normal and turned off at the very next side street. LOL!! I just had to share that. Have a great weekend!!:beer:

2. 50 Deep

50 Deep SVT JEDI Established Member

Always nice to have a car with a fan base

3. tedster429

tedster429 Member Established Member

hahaha, that is awesome.

4. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member Established Member

That was a great story. I'm assuming you just basically ignored the Camaro driver. That would have been enough, but the young guy running over and bowing to your Cobra was icing on the cake. Wonder what story the Camaro owner posted on his favorite forum. LOL! Gotta love the Terminator! :rockon:

5. SlowSVT

SlowSVT Well-Known Member Established Member

Just proves even standing still, the Terminator WINS! cheers1.gif

6. CobraRed01

CobraRed01 CornerCarvinCravin Established Member

Wow...the Statue of Liberty endorses the 'Stang. Sounds like a Ford commercial. Good story.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  7. Posi

Posi Had a blast. Established Member

Lol great story and thanks for sharing. Pretty cool thing to happen.

8. Patriot Guy

Thanks all. It was very rewarding to see the camaro fellow just slink down in his seat once he heard the exhaust and understood this just wasn't a "Regular Mustang" LOL!! Many off these folks thing they can outrun anything on the street just because it is a "New Camaro" Not many have done their homework and get surprised too often. LOL!!

9. 04dreamcobra

04dreamcobra When it runs, it's fast... Established Member

Too true! I did a 2nd gear hop on one that was revving at me and he rolled his window down and was like "never mind man, screw that!" HAHA. Terminator -1, Camaro - 0

10. Shanesstang

Shanesstang New Member Established Member

Great story! I often take my daughter along (she's 3 and loves the vroom vroom). It's nice to hear other dads resist the urge.

11. Co-brat

Co-brat FNG Established Member

Thats awesome. Thats one of the best things about the Terminator is the fact that there is still a ton of people more often than not that have NO IDEA about capability of the terminator and they think its just another mustang. Ive had guys in GT's come up and ask me "where did you get that body kit" and at that point its just an instant face palm lol.

12. timspony

timspony TVS Powered Established Member

Good story!! :pepper: :burnout:

13. 03 Indy Cobra

03 Indy Cobra Well-Known Member Established Member

Great story. :beer:

14. ChiefP

ChiefP 03 Vert Established Member

Great story and x2 for props on proper behavior when there are kids in the car. My grand kids love the vert and it's tough not to hand out a lesson from time to time when called for. Although once we're on my street (no side streets or other houses now) we do play a little game of "1, 2, 3....go!" from time to time. :)

15. 1Bad04Mystic

1Bad04Mystic Active Member Established Member

Way to do the right thing and not leave two long black stripes with your kid in the car. As tempting as it might have been

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  16. RAPTOR5V

RAPTOR5V Firing on all 8 Established Member

lol very nice! the compliments never stop coming do they :beer:

17. Patriot Guy

LOL!! I am getting older and SMARTER, thank the Lord, and trying to set a good example for my kids since my daughter just started driving. I guess I am doing OK since everyone tells me my 19 year old son drives like an old lady. LOL!!!