Had to Share This!!

Patriot Guy

Established Member
My daughter and I were comming home from the gym and we were stopped at a light when this new camaro rolls up behind me, think it was an SS, but he was so close to my bumper I couldn't tell. He was revving and acting like he wanted to play. I wouldn't even think of it in town and especially not with my daughter in the car with me. Anyway, there was a young guy in a Statue of Liberty outfit holding up a sign for a Tax company in the median and he spots the Terminator. The young guy runs up to us, totally oblivious to the camaro, and yells to us that his dad has a Mach 1 but that he really loves the Cobra. He then asks me if it is real and I tell him it is and rev the engine to about 5K a couple of times. I am running a full 3" uncatted exhaust with Bassani OR X pipe and magnaflow magnapacs. The young guy is smiling ear to ear and giving me a big thumbs up. All the while I am watching the guy in the Camaro lose his smile and start slumping in his seat. I couldn't help but grin a bit myself. As we stated to leave the light I gave the young fellow in the median a thumbs up and thank you for making my day. The camaro stayed at the light a bit longer than normal and turned off at the very next side street. LOL!! I just had to share that. Have a great weekend!!:beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That was a great story. I'm assuming you just basically ignored the Camaro driver. That would have been enough, but the young guy running over and bowing to your Cobra was icing on the cake. Wonder what story the Camaro owner posted on his favorite forum. LOL! Gotta love the Terminator! :rockon:

SlowSVT

Established Member
Just proves even standing still, the Terminator WINS!
cheers1.gif

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Wow...the Statue of Liberty endorses the 'Stang. Sounds like a Ford commercial. Good story.

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Lol great story and thanks for sharing. Pretty cool thing to happen.

Patriot Guy

Established Member
Thanks all. It was very rewarding to see the camaro fellow just slink down in his seat once he heard the exhaust and understood this just wasn't a "Regular Mustang" LOL!! Many off these folks thing they can outrun anything on the street just because it is a "New Camaro" Not many have done their homework and get surprised too often. LOL!!

04dreamcobra

When it runs, it's fast...
Established Member
Too true! I did a 2nd gear hop on one that was revving at me and he rolled his window down and was like "never mind man, screw that!" HAHA. Terminator -1, Camaro - 0

Shanesstang

Established Member
Great story! I often take my daughter along (she's 3 and loves the vroom vroom). It's nice to hear other dads resist the urge.

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
Thats awesome. Thats one of the best things about the Terminator is the fact that there is still a ton of people more often than not that have NO IDEA about capability of the terminator and they think its just another mustang. Ive had guys in GT's come up and ask me "where did you get that body kit" and at that point its just an instant face palm lol.

ChiefP

03 Vert
Established Member
Great story and x2 for props on proper behavior when there are kids in the car. My grand kids love the vert and it's tough not to hand out a lesson from time to time when called for. Although once we're on my street (no side streets or other houses now) we do play a little game of "1, 2, 3....go!" from time to time. :)

1Bad04Mystic

Established Member
Way to do the right thing and not leave two long black stripes with your kid in the car. As tempting as it might have been

Last edited:

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
lol very nice! the compliments never stop coming do they :beer:

Patriot Guy

Established Member
LOL!! I am getting older and SMARTER, thank the Lord, and trying to set a good example for my kids since my daughter just started driving. I guess I am doing OK since everyone tells me my 19 year old son drives like an old lady. LOL!!!

Users who are viewing this thread