Had toooooooo

old01cobra

Established Member
Been bouncing around on the next mod and well it sort of just fell out of the sky and hit me in the head this morning at 2AM. Found someone selling a YSI brand new for just under 2500. Bought it after I blinked at the 2500 price tag.

I have nothing else for the system yet. I've posted before, its a 01 cobra, BB stroker with worked heads and a fr500 intake made just under 460rwhp in NA trim.

I've got 60lb injectors, would like to keep them awhile if possible, its setup return right now. Ive got 1 340lph pump thinking about doing the triple hat and add another for now.

Vortech ysi guys chime in.
-When do I need a intercooler and what kind, cxracing or do I really need a precision or Paxton etc? Running 100 octane
-Blow through setup BA5000 ok how far from the TB?
-Blow off valve what side of the intercooler intake or discharge?
-6-8rib for now? what SC pulley and crank pulley something like a 3.0 and 10% will 60lb's injectors support it?
-Anderson power-pipe ok?

Engine is pretty efficient so boost might run lower but it should make some crazy power with low boost readings. I know the YSI is big and i'll barely be working it at first but a T trim is like 3K and well this was 500 cheaper and I can grow and grenade some engines with this thing lol hopefully not actually.

Oh yeah anyone unloading anything that might help let me know. Thanks.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
First off YSI and CX Racing intercooler should NEVER be used in the same sentence, that stuff isn't the best and you'll see boost loss through one, Treadstone flow better. My BA5000 is about 20" from the TB. 6 rib will support around 14lbs, a bit more with an OD crank damper, you'll suffer belt slip if you get greedy for more boost.This is also IF your tensioner is fresh, I put a new one on when I installed the ATI crank pulley. I have my BOV mounted about 6" after the discharge of the Vortech. I have 60's with a 3.1 Reichard Racing head unit pulley and the ATI is oem size. I have one of the vintage 4" MPH (Modular Power House) power pipes.

Users who are viewing this thread