Hang in there Texas

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2005
Messages
7,702
Location
Scranton, PA
Always have cold weather gear on hand, matches, firewood, food, bottled water, flashlight, batteries, candles and a weather radio.

Always keep your vehicle gassed up so at worst you can pull it out in the driveway and go sit in the car to stay warm until the power comes back on.

Did Americans forget how to be Americans? Everyone’s become a ****ing wimp these days and wants to rely on Uncle Sam for everything.

What in the ****?

What you see is a play on the 90/10 theory. People will concentrate on how their lives function 90% of the time and disregard what happens in the other 10% so they tend not to prepare for any deviation in their daily life.

I expected Texans to be more prepared considering it is a state which deals with hurricane/tornado/natural disasters.
 

ssj4sadie

Well-Known Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2001
Messages
8,573
Location
San Antonio, TX
What you see is a play on the 90/10 theory. People will concentrate on how their lives function 90% of the time and disregard what happens in the other 10% so they tend not to prepare for any deviation in their daily life.

I expected Texans to be more prepared considering it is a state which deals with hurricane/tornado/natural disasters.
OK. Do you have any idea how big Texas is or even all the different environments/weather patterns there is here? No, you don’t.
 

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2003
Messages
29,678
Location
Houston, TX
That's unrealistic for any power company to charge that amount, and expect people to pay. Any links to that story?

It's not as widespread as the media is making it out to be with their sensationalist headlines. There is one company in particular that sells electricity wholesale to customers. They charge a $10/mo fee and the electricity is at the wholesale price. The price is the price, depending on what the provider can get the electricity for on the open market. 99% of the time it's very cheap because the grid is mostly stable. When shit hit the fan and power generators went down simple economics drove the price through the roof because of the huge demand and limited supply. Now those people are facing enormous bills. On one hand I feel bad for them because people shouldn't have to pay that much money for a utility, but on the other hand they are the ones that took the gamble because 99% of the time it's a cheaper option.
 

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2002
Messages
30,752
Location
not at my post...
22506110-DD81-4EC0-ACBC-C21D47A9160B.jpeg
 

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2003
Messages
3,186
Location
Dallas
I have the a/c on at work right now for reference. A week ago it was almost single digits.
 

Users who are viewing this thread



Top