Hardware difference between PCMs-Inquiring minds

decipha

Established Member
gt500 has returnles fuel system so has fuel rail pres, throttle pres ref map, ic pump iat2 and no vct

gt uses the older style return fuel system but w mech ret so doesnt have fuel rail pres nor tb map ref ic pump or iat2 but uses vct and has imrc

iat2 can be enabled on the coyotes and most of the hardware has it or can be reassigned as another pin

code wise the coyote is far superior

anything svt touches they screw up and the gt500 is no exception. the stock tune is horrid.

tune wise the gt500 is more basic its practically the same as an 03/04 cobra

coyotes are easier to tune and their code is much better as well as their calibrations

the ecus are capable of running each others engine but its not ideal since the vct and imrc wouldnt work and the other all the sc specific items listed above wouldnt work

what are you trying to do?

Robot_trainer

Established Member
gt500 has returnles fuel system so has fuel rail pres, throttle pres ref map, ic pump iat2 and no vct

gt uses the older style return fuel system but w mech ret so doesnt have fuel rail pres nor tb map ref ic pump or iat2 but uses vct and has imrc

iat2 can be enabled on the coyotes and most of the hardware has it or can be reassigned as another pin

code wise the coyote is far superior

anything svt touches they screw up and the gt500 is no exception. the stock tune is horrid.

tune wise the gt500 is more basic its practically the same as an 03/04 cobra

coyotes are easier to tune and their code is much better as well as their calibrations

the ecus are capable of running each others engine but its not ideal since the vct and imrc wouldnt work and the other all the sc specific items listed above wouldnt work

what are you trying to do?

Im a "what if" type. What if, say 10 years from now, you need an ecu and there are no ecus to be had for a 13/14 Shelby. Could a coyote ecu be reprogrammed to run the 13/14 Shelby platform? There are tons of them around. It sounds like form factor wise they are different

decipha

Established Member
Thats of no concernin the slightest.

If my ecu crapped out on one of my gt500s and the ecu was no longer available I can promise you it would be running on either a newer gt500 ecu or a coyote ecu... whichever I uad laying around.

You can make ANYTHING work just depends on how far your willing to go.

Users who are viewing this thread