Harmonic Balancers

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
Does anyone make a fluid dampened balancer that is NOT for underdrive pulleys? I looked at the march piece and it seems to be only for underdrive pulleys. I have stock pulleys and want aftermarket dampener - perferably fluid dampened

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
how about a final answer on the best dampened underdrive pullies out there, I'm being lazy right now, I'm %99 sure the March ones are what I want but does anyone want to spoon feed me a link to them on Summit or somewhere else cheap? :)

Cobranator

Established Member
Doug said:
Does anyone make a fluid dampened balancer that is NOT for underdrive pulleys? I looked at the march piece and it seems to be only for underdrive pulleys. I have stock pulleys and want aftermarket dampener - perferably fluid dampened

Just currious why are you set on a fluid dampened balancer? I don't know if anyone makes one in the stock diameter size but if you can't find one I'd suggest an ATI damper regarded by many as the best aftermarket harmonic damper available, better than a fluid dampened one.

www.atiracing.com

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
Cobranator said:
Just currious why are you set on a fluid dampened balancer? I don't know if anyone makes one in the stock diameter size but if you can't find one I'd suggest an ATI damper regarded by many as the best aftermarket harmonic damper available, better than a fluid dampened one.

www.atiracing.com

because a cheap fluid dampener works better than a cheap solid dampener and i'm too cheap to buy a good one ;)

I've looked a bit today, and i don't think there is a stock diameter one other than a really high dollar one. So i'll just wait, drive with the stock one and then get a whole pulley set after a while.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
STAMPEDE3 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've been looking also Doug, Can't find crap.

Thanks! my $22 ARP crank pulley bolt came in yesterday. now i can dial in the bellhousing. The rest of my front bushings should be in today so i can finish putting the front brakes and steering on. Then I can put the motor in.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Doug said:
Thanks! my $22 ARP crank pulley bolt came in yesterday. now i can dial in the bellhousing. The rest of my front bushings should be in today so i can finish putting the front brakes and steering on. Then I can put the motor in.

At least you only had to buy one. I had to get 4 $22 cam bolts?

coolguy10786

Established Member
I bought the march pulley, but just ran a shorter belt. That way i didn't have to worry about water pump or alt.

Users who are viewing this thread