Harness bar that works with recaros

HeLLFiRe xx

Run your car, not mouth.
Established Member
Hey guys,

looking to add some harnesses and a harness bar to the boss... The corbeau harness bar that mostp eople buy from AM does not work with the factory recaros apparently.... so i was wondering if anyone knows of or has a bar that works with them. I also am curious what kind of harnesses guys are running, since the recaros cant do 5 point... and i dont want to have harnesses that say corbeau all over them on my recaro seats

thanks so much guys!

Last edited:

HeLLFiRe xx

Run your car, not mouth.
Established Member
i dont road race the car... and not looking to spend a ton of money to be honest. nor do i want to add the weight of a roll bar.

Swiss Boss

Established Member
Here's how to route a 6 point with the Recaro
IMG_0481_zps0ac3a601.jpg

86Fbody

Established Member
I would get at least a bolt in roll bar.

+1, you don't have to RR to have a roll bar when running harnesses. If you aren't running something like the Shroth harness that breaks on an impact. If you get in an accident while driving on the road and you are running a harness and no roll bar there is a possibility that if you roll it you will get smooshed.

HeLLFiRe xx

Run your car, not mouth.
Established Member
Lol yeah i know all about the risk. Know of anyone that makes a bolt in roll bar that doesnt cost 1500 dollars?

101blur

Established Member

HeLLFiRe xx

Run your car, not mouth.
Established Member

Jabooh1

Established Member
Assuming you are ok running a harness without a full cage. Why not fold your rear seats down (or do a delete) and run the shoulder straps back to the top latch of the backrest for the rear seats? That would still be straight back where the lower belt locations would be at an angle.

It should be stiff as it is where ford connected the x brace on the LS.

HeLLFiRe xx

Run your car, not mouth.
Established Member
Assuming you are ok running a harness without a full cage. Why not fold your rear seats down (or do a delete) and run the shoulder straps back to the top latch of the backrest for the rear seats? That would still be straight back where the lower belt locations would be at an angle.

It should be stiff as it is where ford connected the x brace on the LS.

good point... i will look into that... but i do like the bad ass look effect of having the harness bar to be honest.. but definitely not a bad idea. :beer:

101blur

Established Member
Just got the bar and belts in last night. The bar was fine not a fan of the belts hard to adjust. but still happy with the look and the feel. will be putting it to use on Saturday for a track event.

BBB8209C-8B6F-4A59-B312-8CA81846CEC5_zps8wldegn8.jpg

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
Why doesn't the Corbeau bar work with the stock recaros? I have a harness bar sitting around the house waiting to go in once I get the car back and haven't heard about any issues.

EDIT: AM states on their website that it is not compatible with factory Recaros but as 101blur showed it is compatible. I will know was well in a week and let you guys know if I run into any problems.

I'm going to be running a 5 point Simpson harness and just have the anti-sub belt go around the bottom. I believe this is actually an acceptable way to mount it since it still pulls down on the 2 lap belts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread