Has anyone ever widened 03 04 cobra seats

Cali03Cobra

Established Member
I'm a big guy and the 03 04 cobra seat is just not confortable enough for me has anyone widened them somehow and if so how much did it cost.

86caprirs

Established Member
How can you widen them? You have the door panel and center console in the way. The only thing I can think of is to install 99-04 mustang gt seats in your car. They don't have as much support like the Cobra seats do.

cbr repsol

Established Member
A lot of the bigger guys go gt500 due to it being way more comfortable. IMO if your over 6'1 a terminator can be less fun to drive. No saying no one that big doesn't own them ,just what I've seen in the past.

DirtyDan10

Established Member
How can you widen them? You have the door panel and center console in the way. The only thing I can think of is to install 99-04 mustang gt seats in your car. They don't have as much support like the Cobra seats do.
this! my buddy is 6'3 250 and swapped out his "suede" seats for a pair of 02 gt seats , they feel great

testorossa1989

Established Member
I have a 00 GT and a cobra and i must agree with whats said above. The GT has much more room all around compared to the cobra seats for some reason. This hasnt stopped me from loving my terminator and enjoying it, i just drive my GT daily

Good luck with your search, Have you considered reclineable bucket seats

Last edited:

Cali03Cobra

Established Member
I have a 00 GT and a cobra and i must agree with whats said above. The GT has much more room all around compared to the cobra seats for some reason. This hasnt stopped me from loving my terminator and enjoying it, i just drive my GT daily

Good luck with your search, Have you considered reclineable bucket seats

that's what I have been thinking about getting some racing seats just not sure what to get. my stock seats are so mint that they are hard to get rid of though.

shurur

Established Member
that's what I have been thinking about getting some racing seats just not sure what to get. my stock seats are so mint that they are hard to get rid of though.

just an FYI..seats that are 24" at the shoulder bolsters will touch the door..

oldmodman

Established Member
I put a pair of Mach 1 seats in my Cobra. They are much roomier than the Cobra seats but give you less support in turns. And the seat bottom is much flatter giving a lot more room too. But I was always a big fan of the Mach 1 seats appearance. And they have all the same electrical connections as the Cobra and plug right in.

Users who are viewing this thread