Has anyone installed the Kooks sidepipes?

NJSP117

Established Member
Is anyone running these pipes? They look pretty cool and are actually visable outside the car when installed. They're round and appear to flow way better than stock....I'm wondering how they sound compared to stock.
Let me know....

Kooks Boss 302 Side Pipes

guarnibl

Established Member
I just bought 'em Friday!

Full Kooks exhaust!! I will report back -- but yes, I am running the side pipes in their exhaust combo -- was pricey, but damn it's gonna be worth it! :)

NJSP117

Established Member
I just bought 'em Friday!

Full Kooks exhaust!! I will report back -- but yes, I am running the side pipes in their exhaust combo -- was pricey, but damn it's gonna be worth it! :)

I'm thinking of ordering on monday...they look sweet....and I imagine sound a bit louder than the stock pipes...
Let me know what you think once you get them on....

LindsayEOD

Established Member
Are you just going to do the side pipes or the full exhaust? I would be curious to see how they sound on the stock H-Pipe.

guarnibl

Established Member
We're doing full Kooks exhaust front to back including headers, side pipes, mid pipe, axle/cat back.

I can try to take a video with just side pipes first before replacing anything else.

Unrealford

Established Member
Did I read that right?
They melted the small side skirt before the wheel opening, according to the thread on Bossmustangsonline?

12C/OBoss

Established Member
Did I read that right?
They melted the small side skirt before the wheel opening, according to the thread on Bossmustangsonline?

old news...the factory Boss owners supplement says to remove the flaps before tracking the car for this very reason

NJSP117

Established Member
old news...the factory Boss owners supplement says to remove the flaps before tracking the car for this very reason

But for normal driving....they can stay on? I can't see them melting on the street so much....more so when your tracking the car at a consistent 6000-7000 rpms and really cranking the heat....

Users who are viewing this thread