Has anyone installed the S1 Sequential Shifter in a Cobra?

cj428mach

Established Member
Lol some guy on vintage mustang group asked this, I told him no one has ever installed one so no one knows.

CustomX

Established Member
If the t-56 and the magnum used the same shifter I would probably have one. I've driven a few cars with sequential shifters and they are awesome, completely different driving experience IMO.

Banshee06

Established Member
It seems like getting into 3rd gear fast and not missing a shift when getting on it would be a definite plus,but knowing what gear you are in maybe a minus.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I've been watching that shifter for years and hoping someone would try it in a 03-04 Cobra, but have never seen it. If/When I get another I'll definitely try it out. It looks convincing in every video I've seen.

Banshee06

Established Member
I am thinking about since I have to pull my tranny to put in a Mcleod RXT twin disc clutch and 26 spline input shaft anyway.
I just got to figure out if I want to pull the trigger on this sequential shifter with the gear selector indicator it's about $1800

Last edited:

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Well I have just pulled the trigger and bought the shifter.

Good shit, curious to see how this works. I'd love to use my WOTBox and be able to nail 3rd every time. Got the RXT too sounds like a wicked combo!

Only thing I don't like is if I'm in 5th of on a service road coming up to a light I have to hit every gear on the way down instead of just pushing in the clutch and stopping.

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
look forward to hearing how you like it. I just can't wrap my head around $1800 though...I'd sell my magnum setup, add the 1800 on top and put in one bad ass built auto with a converter

Banshee06

Established Member
It will ship today he says and should be here in 3 days but I have to wait to install for buddy to finish working on another car before we start working on it.

Dave.O

Established Member
Good shit, curious to see how this works. I'd love to use my WOTBox and be able to nail 3rd every time. Got the RXT too sounds like a wicked combo!

Only thing I don't like is if I'm in 5th of on a service road coming up to a light I have to hit every gear on the way down instead of just pushing in the clutch and stopping.

According to website you can put it neutral from any gear

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread