Has anyone shipped something big lately?

beau t

Established Member
we shipped a motor/trans and other junk a couple years ago through Fastenal (yes the bolt and bs stuff store) they gave us the best price - it went from Sc to TX for i think about 280$ i think it took 4 days for the guy to receive - note he had to go to the local store to him and pick it up. edit we overbuilt a pallet to protect it.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
UPS is just about always more expensive than FedEx. But, UPS also has better visibility and is overall more consistent/reliable. 16 years at UPS and that's my takeaway.

I'm not sure if FedEx does it, but UPS goes off of dimensional weight. That's why the 10lb part in a giant box costs so much; they go by how much space it takes up in the trailer.

I'm in freight now, but my company doesn't service either area so I can't be of much assistance, unfortunately. Other than rattling off some somewhat unnecessary info, of course. lol
Fedex around here sucks to be honest. They lost a contract randomly in a city north of me which delayed delivery of a part I was waiting for. Someone I know from instagram told me what happened because it caused him his job that day.
First off, tell us the price differential between your used goods and new goods.
I usually go for about 50% of new price.

Users who are viewing this thread