Has anyone used KW coilers for drag racing? Can vikings be used for back roads?

specizripn

Established Member
So I am dead set on keeping my IRS, and I am planning on installing FTBR bushings soon, but I am trying to figure out the rest of the suspension. My car will be a street/strip car that handles better than stock on the twisty back roads, the drag strip and the occasional track visit. Has anyone used KW V3 coilovers for drag racing? I wonder if I could dial them in on one of the softer settings and get the weight to transfer for drag strip use, but I don't know if they would have enough suspension travel to properly transfer the weight and to get the rear end to hook up. If anyone is running Viking shocks and struts on the IRS, can they be set up to handle better than stock or are they too soft with too much travel?
Does it just come down to the spring choice (softer for drag, stiffer for handling)?

I understand that there is no suspension that is great at both handling and drag racing. I am just trying to figure out a set up that will work pretty well at both, although I would obviously be making some compromises. If anyone is running either of these coil over set setups could you give me your input? I have done a lot of searching and haven't found any information that is incredibly useful on the topic. Thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread