has your Terminator ever seen rain?

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
I have got caught in rain 1 time in mine since ownership, but it was by accident. Pop up storm. I am pretty sure it's seen rain before though b/c it's in what I'd call great shape underneath, but not mint. It's got some corrosion on bolts etc but pretty damn solid. Just wondering if you guys cars have ever seen rain and did you about die if it got wet road grime on it then did you spend hours polishing the underneath lol?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Uh, I guess you could say she's seen rain:

r7tc2q.jpg

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I’m assuming my Terminator saw some rain before I got it, but not on my watch. It has 4400 miles and there is some light corrosion on bottom side bolts. I treated all of the spots to stop it though.

My 2000 Cobra R is on a different level. I bought it in the Fall of 2016. The previous owner said not only has it never seen rain, but it has never seen a drop of water ever. It has only been dusted and cleaned with detail spray... no hose and bucket.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I'm sure its seen rain. It had 97k when I bought it. I got caught in a couple rain storms when I first bought it. I was more pissed that I had just detailed each time.

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
I bought my car new on 9/20/03. Was built on 6/25/03 so it probably got rained on while it sat on the dealer's lot before I bought it and washed by dealer before I drove it home. Since I've owned it I never drove it in the rain nor has it sat in the rain! In fact I've never had to wash it. Just use Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax spray for bugs and any road grime that may kick up and Pinnacle Crystal Mist Carnauba Detail Spray. When I wax it I use Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax. Currently have 40,595 sunny/cloudy miles on it so I do enjoy driving it on 0-20% chance of precipitation days. LOL Yes, I have other vehicles to drive. This is only one toy.

zredfire04

Established Member
not only has mine seen rain, it has sucked rain water into the engine. i bought it with a jlt intake that has the filter inside the fender well. one day when i was out we had a hell of a gullywasher, and if i got too heavy on the go pedal it would sputter and pop because it was sucking water off the road.

fun times.

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
I owned mine nearly 5yrs, I never driven it in the rain, but I can say the underside is very clean.

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
yea first day got her and while driving home. Got caught in a big a** storm. my rear DR tires slide every where. even at 20mph on fifth gears. I was on the highway . I had to pull over under a bridge and wait for the rains to end.

another time was on way to work, I check the weather many time, and its clearly say no rains. as I left the house, 15min later i saw some drip. then suddently big rains, but its only last for 2 min. I was gonna turn the car around to go home, but dont want miss work.

I dont mind driving then get caught in the rains, but im not taken the car out knowing its gonna rains. beside my biggest concern was my rear DR tires. that and rains are not friendly.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
this stuff cracks me up, I bet the majority of cars were rained on from rolling out of the factory to dealership arrival
This comment is similar to one that sparked a big debate about this subject a year ago. I agree with the above btw.
Mine has been garaged and babied all of its 10,000 miles. I have a phobia about driving them in the rain and hasn't happened since my ownership. I was caught in a torrential downpour in my 93 Cobra while driving back roads one time. There was no cover to get under, so I cringed and cursed all the way back home.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So those who vow to never let their Cobra feel rain probably have never been to, nor plan to go to, Mustang Week....ever. Or any other of the great Mustang mega venues. Unless you have an enclosed trailer. ;) Sudden showers can happen any time usually. My '03 Cobra was my daily driver, so there were times I had to drive it in the rain. I did, though, take great care of it which included weekly washes, monthly detailing. I admit that when it was practical I'd use my wife's car and kept mine in the garage. But if I had to use it, and rain was in the area, I ventured out. For those whose Cobras are weekend toys, I get why your cars haven't seen rain.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
So those who vow to never let their Cobra feel rain probably have never been to, nor plan to go to, Mustang Week....ever. Or any other of the great Mustang mega venues. Unless you have an enclosed trailer. ;) Sudden showers can happen any time usually. My '03 Cobra was my daily driver, so there were times I had to drive it in the rain. I did, though, take great care of it which included weekly washes, monthly detailing. I admit that when it was practical I'd use my wife's car and kept mine in the garage. But if I had to use it, and rain was in the area, I ventured out. For those whose Cobras are weekend toys, I get why your cars haven't seen rain.
I agree Bob. I don't fault those that don't drive theirs in the rain one bit.

I only get 6 months of good driving weather and I love taking the car all over the place to a lot of events. I'll be in Charlotte next April for the 55th Anniversary party and grand opening of the Mustang Owners Museum. If it's anything like the 50th party was, the car will see a lot of rain.

Sent from my LG-G710 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread