It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Bruce,

You have a stalker. How cute.

FTBR bushings FTMFW :rockon:

SomeSoldier

I wanna go fast.
Established Member
Adjustable sway-bar endlinks and sway-bar bushings can be installed after the IRS is in..but it's best to do them now if you can.$$$$$

The old sway-bar bushings are crap rubber and the OEM endlinks aren't fun to do "later."..I know..because that's what I did.

Question: Are you getting the sub-frame bracket reinforcements?? FTBR??, billetflow, steeda..welding required.
I see you are getting the IRS cross-member brace (forward torque brace)? and at least the bushings from FTBR??..if you don't have an 03-04 IRS.

Thanks for the heads up on the install of the sway-bar bushings and endlinks but for money reasons and the sake of my marriage, I cannot do it at this time.

I am not quite sure what you mean by sub-frame bracket reinforcements? Anyway you can show me a picture or link the product? I would be happy to answer your question.

I didn't purchase the Front Diff Torque Brace. It was already installed in the car at time of purchase and yes I did get the FTBR front diff bushings from FTBR.

Last edited:

shurur

Established Member
Thanks for the heads up on the install of the sway-bar bushings and endlinks but for money reasons and the sake of my marriage, I cannot do it at this time.

I am not quite sure what you mean by sub-frame bracket reinforcements? Anyway you can show me a picture or link the product? I would be happy to answer your question.

I didn't purchase the Front Diff Torque Brace. It was already installed in the car at time of purchase and yes I did get the FTBR front diff bushings from FTBR.

These:
IRS-Brackets
or
Cobra IRS Sub-Frame Brackets for 1999 thru 2004 Ford Mustang 555-5405

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/new-edge-cobras-51/213384-irs-tech-article.html

You won't want to revisit the IRS for these.

Last edited:

shurur

Established Member
No I didn't. I wonder how much difference they make.

from the IRS tech article: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/new-edge-cobras-51/213384-irs-tech-article.html

4. IRS Subframe Bracket Brace
The rear IRS subframe mounting point attaches to the car using a cantilevered bracket that is prone to flexing under load because the outer half of this bracket is completely unsupported. This flexing cause’s unwanted alignment changes and contributes to the IRS feeling like it is moving under the car. Billetflow's offers a subframe bracket brace that reinforces the rear mounts and eliminates flexing thus improving corning stability. Steeda offers a copy cat product for less money but Billetflow’s kit is stronger and better fitting.
Billetflow’s IRS Subframe Bracket Kit
Steeda’s IRS Subframe Bracket Kit

from the FTBR IRS Article: IRS Informational Article

"The aftermarket brace for the rear cantilevered subframe mounting point typically called a “Mathis Brace” will not shore up the rear mount for you very much if it’s just bolted to the inner wheelhouse sheet metal. However, if you fabricate a heavy angled bracket and weld the inner mount to your trunk floor by the subframe rail, you will then have something of substance. I would only recommend this to convertible owners that are striving for the complete and total elimination of wheel hop. This should not be necessary for coupe owners."

It's up to you.

Last edited:

SomeSoldier

I wanna go fast.
Established Member
The whole thing is already reassembled, so I won't be doing it at this point. Also Bruce said it sholdn't be necessary for coupes.

Thank you for the heads up though.

Also when I replaced my TOB because is was sqeeking, I found the TOB in 2 peices.

Last edited:

earico

Established Member
The whole thing is already reassembled, so I won't be doing it at this point. Also Bruce said it sholdn't be necessary for coupes.

Thank you for the heads up though.

Also when I replaced my TOB because is was sqeeking, I found the TOB in 2 peices.

Sweet so is it all done and back in the car yet? :coolman:

earico

Established Member
Hell yeah. Congrats man. You're gonna love the way it drives now.

:beer:

shurur

Established Member
Enjoy...tried any curving on-ramps?

Also don't be like me: Every other Spring I get so excited that I forget to tighten down the gas cap on the first tank fill! I did it this year..again.

SomeSoldier

I wanna go fast.
Established Member
Your telling me I forgot to tighten the brake fluid cap when I got done changing the pads. It was the last thing I had to do before taking her out for her first ride.

SomeSoldier

I wanna go fast.
Established Member
Ok so I need help with something. I have a triple hook quadrant and firewall adjuster. I took the trans out for a new tob then put it back in. Now I have too much slack in the clutch cable. I did a bunch of searches last night but the only thing I found said he should get a double or triple hook, which I have. The firewall adjuster is almost all the out and there is still some slop at the very top of the clutch pedal. If you depress the clutch about 1/4"-1/2" it goes away. Looked all over and found nothing on how to get more tension on it besides the firewall adj. Might it be time for a new cable because that one it stretched?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Ok so I need help with something. I have a triple hook quadrant and firewall adjuster. I took the trans out for a new tob then put it back in. Now I have too much slack in the clutch cable. I did a bunch of searches last night but the only thing I found said he should get a double or triple hook, which I have. The firewall adjuster is almost all the out and there is still some slop at the very top of the clutch pedal. If you depress the clutch about 1/4"-1/2" it goes away. Looked all over and found nothing on how to get more tension on it besides the firewall adj. Might it be time for a new cable because that one it stretched?

That will happen with an aftermarket cable IF you have one. Put a Ford cable in there.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Nitrous SSC

Established Member
Oh nice. I also found a bit of info searching.

Are these less prone to leaking because they have a bit of "flex/give" in them vs RTV Grey?

Users who are viewing this thread