Have you ever offered a LEO cash when pulled over?

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
As in - asked if you could just give him the money directly to settle a ticket or some other form of cash payment? I've never tried it, but if you watch a lot of youtube car rally videos, they act like it's common practice and most of the time successful.

To any LEO's that read this - have you ever had someone try to offer you cash?

Last edited:

Tx5811

Veni, vidi, vici
Established Member
I've offered a bribe before but not just cash to pay a ticket. And the officer just ignored it and handed the cash right back to me and proceeded to write his ticket.

cbj5259

Established Member
In some states it is acceptable to request payment from out of state offenders during a stop. In my state it does not fly. In 18 years I have been offered on traffic stops: money, blowjobs, sex, been flashed, tickets to sporting events, concerts, kittens, groceries, a watch and once keys to the actual car. I can say that I didn't accept any of them except one...the kittens. The guy was taking them to dump them and I took them to the ASPCA.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
In some states it is acceptable to request payment from out of state offenders during a stop. In my state it does not fly. In 18 years I have been offered on traffic stops: money, blowjobs, sex, been flashed, tickets to sporting events, concerts, kittens, groceries, a watch and once keys to the actual car. I can say that I didn't accept any of them except one...the kittens. The guy was taking them to dump them and I took them to the ASPCA.

Were those people offering services at least attractive? lol

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
lol, edited my OP because that didn't read right. What I meant was maybe saying you wanted to make a cash donation to the local FOP or something like that before the ticket even comes.

I know:thumbsup: Just saw an opportunity for a bit of, uh, action :dancenana:

NastyNate420

Established Member
In Montana I got a speed ticket and the cop wanted me to pay him cash right there on the side of the road.
I can see how you used to be able to pay off a cop....

Troponin

Established Member
In some states it is acceptable to request payment from out of state offenders during a stop. In my state it does not fly. In 18 years I have been offered on traffic stops: money, blowjobs, sex, been flashed, tickets to sporting events, concerts, kittens, groceries, a watch and once keys to the actual car. I can say that I didn't accept any of them except one...the kittens. The guy was taking them to dump them and I took them to the ASPCA. Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
lost it at "kittens"

cbj5259

Established Member
Not in recent years, remember the dash cam.
Yeah, we have to announce they are being recorded "during the stop". Doesn't say when though, so usually I will let them go a little bit and then say "this traffic stop is being audio and video recorded". Usually changes things pretty fast...lol.

Troponin

Established Member
Yeah, we have to announce they are being recorded "during the stop". Doesn't say when though, so usually I will let them go a little bit and then say "this traffic stop is being audio and video recorded". Usually changes things pretty fast...lol. Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Yeah, I remember that when I was in Pa. Guess it was tapping laws. Here in Texas, as long as one person in the "room" knows it's being recorded, it's lawful and you don't have to tell the person. I know the police wear recording devices though, so I know better than to say anything stupid. Of all the places I have ever been, MD, was by far, the worst place I have ever dealt with. The state police were reckless, and they were targeting all out of staters. Driving on the interstate and one idiot was standing in the middle of the road, waving people over. It was dusk, he was wearing no high visibility clothing, and he was wearing black gloves, so I didn't see him waving. I damn near hit him and slammed on my brakes, nearly causing a pile up. Worst display of safety I have ever seen any dept pull.

cbj5259

Established Member
Yeah, I remember that when I was in Pa. Guess it was tapping laws. Here in Texas, as long as one person in the "room" knows it's being recorded, it's lawful and you don't have to tell the person. I know the police wear recording devices though, so I know better than to say anything stupid. Of all the places I have ever been, MD, was by far, the worst place I have ever dealt with. The state police were reckless, and they were targeting all out of staters. Driving on the interstate and one idiot was standing in the middle of the road, waving people over. It was dusk, he was wearing no high visibility clothing, and he was wearing black gloves, so I didn't see him waving. I damn near hit him and slammed on my brakes, nearly causing a pile up. Worst display of safety I have ever seen any dept pull.
Yup, you are correct. Falls under the wire tap law in PA.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member

Here those are called suicide cops, for obvious reasons. I think I made one fudge his huggies when I was 16. He walked out into the middle of the road to signal me over with nothing more than a badge sticker on the back of a clipboard. I was in a 71 Impala with drum brakes, took everything I had to stop before turning him into a hood ornament.

Machdup1

Established Member
I don't see that working in the Commonwealth, every member of the VSP I've meet seemed a very professional, like they held themselves to a very high standard of conduct.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Did this all the time in the Philippines. It was customary to hand the officer your driver's license and a 100 peso bill folded up. 200 peso's if there was a death involved.

U.M.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Of all the places I have ever been, MD, was by far, the worst place I have ever dealt with. The state police were reckless, and they were targeting all out of staters. Driving on the interstate and one idiot was standing in the middle of the road, waving people over. It was dusk, he was wearing no high visibility clothing, and he was wearing black gloves, so I didn't see him waving. I damn near hit him and slammed on my brakes, nearly causing a pile up. Worst display of safety I have ever seen any dept pull.

Not sure how that has anything to do with bribing cops, but myself and a lot of other people agree with you. I have no idea what those cops are thinking when they do that, especially since their uniforms are brown and blend in really well to their surroundings. I've been pulled over by those idiots before, definitely gets your blood pumping seeing someone standing in the road in front of you while doing 75mph... I guess they are just too lazy to actually drive after you.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
some parishes in Louisiana operate that way, in fact if you don't have cash you might spend a few nights in the clink. Port Fourchon was one of the worst, remember we had a few guys heading to work boats/rigs get tossed in the can for not having enough cash to pay the ticket.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Not sure how that has anything to do with bribing cops, but myself and a lot of other people agree with you. I have no idea what those cops are thinking when they do that, especially since their uniforms are brown and blend in really well to their surroundings. I've been pulled over by those idiots before, definitely gets your blood pumping seeing someone standing in the road in front of you while doing 75mph... I guess they are just too lazy to actually drive after you.

I actually had this happned to me once. Officer got to my window and I said "You scared me to death, I seriously almost HIT you" his reply: "You scared me the way you came over that hill doing 80" :rolleyes: It was an interstate and I was doing 80 in a 65 and the "hill" was a half mile back. I really almost hit the guy and would have been in an accident if there would have been someone in the lane next to me. I had no idea this idiotic behaviour was something officers in several states repeat. Maybe a resident LEO will help us understand why? I honestly feel like the officer endangered my life and his with his actions.

Troponin

Established Member
I actually had this happned to me once. Officer got to my window and I said "You scared me to death, I seriously almost HIT you" his reply: "You scared me the way you came over that hill doing 80" :rolleyes: It was an interstate and I was doing 80 in a 65 and the "hill" was a half mile back. I really almost hit the guy and would have been in an accident if there would have been someone in the lane next to me. I had no idea this idiotic behaviour was something officers in several states repeat. Maybe a resident LEO will help us understand why? I honestly feel like the officer endangered my life and his with his actions.
Lemme guess how that argument will go. "You were breaking the law, which caused me to stand in the road. It's your fault if I get hit". Let's just ignore Darwinism completely

Users who are viewing this thread