Having a little fun with the FRPP/Whipple 624hp Kit

Sir Nate 3000

Silver Stallion
Established Member
attachment.php

??
Didn't someone on here make 528rwhp with the 525hp kit?

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
It's really not a fair comparison putting the auto against the manual as the auto will always run faster. Also keep in mind the Vortech and Roush cars that we've seen track times from recently were both custom tuned. Our car was running the FRPP calibration which although is a great tune I assure you wasn't put together with track times as it's main feature. Stock driveability and reliability are what FRPP's main focus is. Of course performance as well but I never expected that to be their main goal with their calibrations.

What? An auto may run faster, but I was comparing MPH. If the 624hp kit only runs 120+ then it is weak sauce. Get that thing custom tuned and lets see some power. Auto or not, the Roush blower is only running 5psi and kicking some ass.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
What? An auto may run faster, but I was comparing MPH. If the 624hp kit only runs 120+ then it is weak sauce. Get that thing custom tuned and lets see some power. Auto or not, the Roush blower is only running 5psi and kicking some ass.

Unfortunately we screwed up and ran a 26" tall tire. We had put them on our Bogarts because we thought that we would see an improvement in our MPH when we were NA. Then the blower came and we didn't swap back to the 28" tall tire. This forced Derek to shift into 5th every run as we were still unsure of where FRPP put both limiters at. We were shifting at 6500 every run. Both of those factors I'm sure played a big role in our slower ET and low MPH.

No big deal. We'll be out there doing it again this week and quiet everyone up. The car is tuned with the same 3.375" pulley that came in the kit but we now know a few more things which we didn't before. Just like everyone doubted our 2010 GT500 with the 4.0L Whipple once we ran our 9.66@146 with 21psi they were quick to simmer down.

Jared

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
It's really not a fair comparison putting the auto against the manual as the auto will always run faster. Also keep in mind the Vortech and Roush cars that we've seen track times from recently were both custom tuned. Our car was running the FRPP calibration which although is a great tune I assure you wasn't put together with track times as it's main feature. Stock driveability and reliability are what FRPP's main focus is. Of course performance as well but I never expected that to be their main goal with their calibrations.

so, only the frpp calibration on the car. not what I heard.

my tune is a conservative tune that can run on 93 octane.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
so, only the frpp calibration on the car. not what I heard.

my tune is a conservative tune that can run on 93 octane.

Terry,

Yes. The runs on Friday night were with the kit exactly how it came from Ford Racing with their calibration. The only things on the car other than the FRPP kit that wasn't stock was the Mcleod clutch,Magnaflow catback, DSS driveshaft and Bogarts. Otherwise 100% stock down to the cats and suspension.

You make it sound like we have something to hide. Maybe it's from hanging with people who do that all the time makes you think that everyone else does it?

Since the same guy that tuned your car tunes all of our cars you can ask him yourself. That way you hear it from the horses mouth.

Jared

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Terry,

Yes. The runs on Friday night were with the kit exactly how it came from Ford Racing with their calibration. The only things on the car other than the FRPP kit that wasn't stock was the Mcleod clutch,Magnaflow catback, DSS driveshaft and Bogarts. Otherwise 100% stock down to the cats and suspension.

You make it sound like we have something to hide. Maybe it's from hanging with people who do that all the time makes you think that everyone else does it?

Since the same guy that tuned your car tunes all of our cars you can ask him yourself. That way you hear it from the horses mouth.

Jared

I know Jon tunes your car. I heard he was going to be gone for the weekend tuning your car. I wouldn't have thought he was needed to do a flash on the pcm.

So, my apoligies, it must have been someone elses car he was tuning this weekend.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Unfortunately we screwed up and ran a 26" tall tire. We had put them on our Bogarts because we thought that we would see an improvement in our MPH when we were NA. Then the blower came and we didn't swap back to the 28" tall tire. This forced Derek to shift into 5th every run as we were still unsure of where FRPP put both limiters at. We were shifting at 6500 every run. Both of those factors I'm sure played a big role in our slower ET and low MPH.

No big deal. We'll be out there doing it again this week and quiet everyone up. The car is tuned with the same 3.375" pulley that came in the kit but we now know a few more things which we didn't before. Just like everyone doubted our 2010 GT500 with the 4.0L Whipple once we ran our 9.66@146 with 21psi they were quick to simmer down.

Jared

I wasn't doubting you guys at Lethal, more the conservativeness of the kit. FRPP presents it as the "big boy kit" with the 624hp associated with it, and it seems like it will definately need some customizing once installed for maximizing.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I know Jon tunes your car. I heard he was going to be gone for the weekend tuning your car. I wouldn't have thought he was needed to do a flash on the pcm.

So, my apoligies, it must have been someone elses car he was tuning this weekend.

No problem Terry. Jon did come down here on Friday to tune a few cars. Ours being one of them. We didn't tune the car until Saturday afternoon the day after we went to the track.

Jared

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I wasn't doubting you guys at Lethal, more the conservativeness of the kit. FRPP presents it as the "big boy kit" with the 624hp associated with it, and it seems like it will definately need some customizing once installed for maximizing.

Understood. I'm sorry if I came off that way. I guess I took it as a shot at us when in fact your concerns were with the kit from FRPP itself.

In regards to the kit it's very nice. Complete, perfect driveability and potent. Even though they may refer to it as their big boy kit you know that they're going to be cautious. I'm sure the last thing that FRPP wants is their customers to spend $7000+ on a supercharger kit just to blow their engine the first time out. Although the kit makes great power and feels like a night and day difference from when the car was stock I know it's not going to be as aggressive as other custom tuned setups. None the less it's definitely impressive to me and think it's a great option for many that want to keep that stock driveability and still pass emissions in all 50 states.

Jared

Wh

Users who are viewing this thread