HD UNO and HD Poxy (mini review)

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
So I have been reading about HD Uno and HD Poxy over on Autopia, and from the reviews I decided to try it out. I needed more polishes and sealants like I need a hole in my head. First, 3D sent me the Metal instead of Poxy, and they shipped me Poxy out and I kept the Metal.

So I went looking at Notchback's today and only had time to do my wife black 08 Denali's bumper. It has had it share of rock chips and tons of bugs.

Here's what I started with on the bumper. Lots of bugs, just a mess and Blackberry pics. I plan on doing the whole truck and will update pics with Canon

IMG-20110626-00115.jpg

After one pass of HD Uno with a orange pad (I probably could have used white)

IMG-20110626-00117.jpg

White pad / Green pad and then POXY

IMG-20110626-00116.jpg

Ok, now here's the good and bad

I used my PC and not my Makita 9227, so I am happy again. HD UNO is a polish that can be used with any pad, so it's very versatile. The Yukon clearcoat is hard and a PC and UNO really did well. I was very surprised after the first pass. Here's the best part, NO DUST!!!!!! It is 85 here in MD and normally I use Menzerna products or for tough jobs M105. Both of those dust like no tomorrow. The POXY is a nano polymer sealant and made black look very deep and wet. It reminded me of the easy on off of Zaino and the looks of Pinnacle Souveran

Now the bad, I have a bunch of polishes to get rid of now. My Makita is going into the box unless I have a totally trashed vehicle come in for a major facelift.

I am not pushing products but wanted to share my experience. Here's the link if you are interested and Autopia has many reviews up by some of the industry's best detailers.

3D Car Care - Car Wash, Car Wax, Auto Detailing supplies, Car Polishers, Car Buffers & accessories store

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
I am planning on picking this stuff up. Want to try it out as my new AIO Polish/Sealer Combo. I have heard nothing but good things about the set.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
You will love HD UNO, one polish for any stage polishing, it's all pad dependent! Here's the good thing, two pea sized drops will do a decent size area. I did my whole tailgate on my F350 with 4 drops of polish. Long working time was awesome and no dust. I am going to do my front bumper which has taken a beating since March.

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
You will love HD UNO, one polish for any stage polishing, it's all pad dependent! Here's the good thing, two pea sized drops will do a decent size area. I did my whole tailgate on my F350 with 4 drops of polish. Long working time was awesome and no dust. I am going to do my front bumper which has taken a beating since March.

Wow, first time I have heard that associated with HD Uno. I heard that it has a low working time and the biggest challengewith the stuff is learning exactly how many passes you can make befoe it dries up.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Wow, first time I have heard that associated with HD Uno. I heard that it has a low working time and the biggest challengewith the stuff is learning exactly how many passes you can make befoe it dries up.

The trick is how much you use. Small drop and spread it on with low speed.

They have also reformulated the product. The OLD formula was a bitch to use.

POPPAJ

Established Member
I tried Version 2 of Uno last week and it was very difficult to remove. Better than version 1, but noth worth the extra trouble. I'll stick with Optimum for now.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
You either used too much product or didnt break it down properly. I had no trouble with it so far. I have an 07 Audi Q7 to do and I also need to hit up my bumper. HD UNO has a learning curve, sorry you didnt like it and I will buy your bottle from you. How's that sound?

Optimum is full of filler, do an IPA wipedown after you polish and you'll be amazed at what you find. I used Optimum for years until Menzerna came out

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
You either used too much product or didnt break it down properly. I had no trouble with it so far. I have an 07 Audi Q7 to do and I also need to hit up my bumper. HD UNO has a learning curve, sorry you didnt like it and I will buy your bottle from you. How's that sound?

Optimum is full of filler, do an IPA wipedown after you polish and you'll be amazed at what you find. I used Optimum for years until Menzerna came out

He is probably referring to the new line of Optimum Polish/Compounds, which are actually really good. Though, I will be picking up the HD combo soon to test it out.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
I'll take one bottle over buying several at a time for different levels of correction.

Users who are viewing this thread