Head Cooling Mod install question

96GT226410

Established Member
I don't see how it's possible without moving the trans far back, pulling the engine forward all the way, or just removing the engine. I had my engine/trans out in my driveway by myself in around 4 hours and I was in no means rushing.

EarvGotti

Established Member
I left all my stuff to pull a motor back in New York, Ive never pulled this motor or tranny either so I'm not sure how long it would take or what's involved I've done it plenty of times on my e36 m3's though. I just want to do some preventative mods other than anything at this point.

96GT226410

Established Member
I bought a used cherry picker on Craigslist for $80 and a load leveler from Advance Auto for $40. It looks like there no way way to do the head cooling mod with the engine and trans in place.

EarvGotti

Established Member
I bought a used cherry picker on Craigslist for $80 and a load leveler from Advance Auto for $40. It looks like there no way way to do the head cooling mod with the engine and trans in place.

Thanks for the heads up, I guess I'll have to take a look at it when I get the csr back from the body shop and see if I will do it or if I will send it to a shop.

Users who are viewing this thread