Votes: 31 7.2%
  • Ford Racing

Votes: 16 3.7%
  • Mac Longtube

Votes: 31 7.2%

• Total voters

DannySE99

Established Member
What type of HP's gains are you guys getting with your headers??? I'm indecisive in spending money on headers or getting the pulley. I know the pulley will get me more horsepower but if I don't get the headers now... I'll probably never get them.

SnakeEyes87

Established Member
My installation was just completed on my car, and I love my headers. I have not taken my car to the dyno yet, but I could tell a great difference in acceleration when I got the car back.

03 COBRA SB

Rocky Mtn. SVT Cobra
Established Member
nick@kook's said:
Not that my opinion isn't biased (of course it is) but the question states what headers are the best?.... not what headers do you have? I really do believe nothing comes close to the quality of Kook's. Add to that the fact that we have additional header sizes to accomodate a wider spectrum of applications. Any serious performance enthusiast can tell you one size doesn't fit all when it comes to headers. This is why we sell almost as many 1-3/4 headers for Cobras as we do 1-5/8. These days you guys are really making some insane power with your rides. Nick "Kook's Headers"

does kook's make a ceramic shorty, what is the part # and price, do they come with the pipes to hook up to the cat's?, what kind of gasket? thanks for your help.

fangstang

Established Member
I'd like to know the price on the Kooks as well. I've been considering longtubes for awhile now, just wanted to hear some opinions from you guys.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
MAC ceramic LT's, MAC o/r Prochamber and MAC 3" catback here.
The longtubes made the car quieter at idle. It's loud, but not obnoxious.
At WOT...well let's just say I had to upgrade the stereo again.
The other night I was two cars behind a friend who was driving a Camaro with full exhaust, windows up and stereo on and turned up. He heard me loud and clear when I went WOT.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
For those interested, Ive got a guy who can get you the BBK's + matching Xpipe for $620 shipped...probably about $50 cheaper than anywhere else...let me know if you're interested.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
DannySE99 said:
What type of HP's gains are you guys getting with your headers??? I'm indecisive in spending money on headers or getting the pulley. I know the pulley will get me more horsepower but if I don't get the headers now... I'll probably never get them.

yea exactly what he said what is the average gain with the diffrent types of headers?

JSHTROD

Established Member
03 svtvenom said:
Yea? Most importantly, what are the gains?

That is some very hard data to gather.

For the money, there are a lot of other mods that will give you more HP on a 03 Cobra.

:)

Jason

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
JSHTROD said:
That is some very hard data to gather.

For the money, there are a lot of other mods that will give you more HP on a 03 Cobra.

:)

Jason

Thats what I figured. I might do them on down the road. Who knows with me. :shrug:

EJ23

Established Member
About what power would I gain with my mods with the Bassani Headers?

Engine
D.S.S Supermod short block
5-Angle valve job

Supercharger
Whipple 2.3 Supercharger
3.25 pulley (19psi)

Airflow
JLP CAI (soon to be JLT w/ 12" filter)
Accufab polished throttlebody
JLP heat exchanger
JLP MAF air extender

Exhaust
Bassani O/R X-pipe
Bassani Cat Back exhaust

Fuel
60lb injectors
Kenne Bell BAP 40amp
Hobbs switch

Transmission
Liberty 26 spline imput shaft
Spec stage 5 clutch
Aluminum flywheel

Misc.
JLP 4lb lower
JLP 100m idler
Pro 50 shifter
BFG Drag Radials

Last edited:

golstho

Established Member
kooks

i have owned bbk, mac, and kooks...the kooks are by far the best built headers of the three, but the bassani headers are a very nice piece as well.

King03Cobra

Established Member
I have the Kooks stainless steel 1 5/8". They were installed correctly and they definitely do not leak. As far as the sound, yes they are louder then a normal catback system. My exhaust sound quality is like it was before except with a more authoritive sound. If you go WOT, it definitely screams and people will take notice for sure.

There is a lot of debate on whether they are worth it. IMO you can feel how effortlessly the car moves air through the engine when you are really pushing it. It was the same way on our vette when we had LT's installed, you can really feel it on the top end big time.

Users who are viewing this thread