Votes: 31 7.2%
  • Ford Racing

Votes: 16 3.7%
  • Mac Longtube

Votes: 31 7.2%

• Total voters

04torchred

Established Member
I just did the MAC LT and I am very happy with them. With the prochamber and stingers the exhaust is mean. Fitment is great as well.

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
only problem with bassani is everything they sell comes with an x pipe, where I want the true muscle car sound of an h pipe.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
nick@kook's said:
Not that my opinion isn't biased (of course it is) but the question states what headers are the best?.... not what headers do you have? I really do believe nothing comes close to the quality of Kook's. Add to that the fact that we have additional header sizes to accomodate a wider spectrum of applications. Any serious performance enthusiast can tell you one size doesn't fit all when it comes to headers. This is why we sell almost as many 1-3/4 headers for Cobras as we do 1-5/8. These days you guys are really making some insane power with your rides. Nick "Kook's Headers"

Can you guys make a header + h-pipe combo?

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
The Good said:
JUST GOT THE KOOKS HEADERS AND JDM H-PIPE with Cats. My new is exhaust is now KOOKS headers, JDM h-pipe w/cats, and borla stingers. All I have say WOW. Even my dad is a little nervous about sound laws. I went to the shop and he drove the cobra and I was behind him in the van and mannnnnnnnnnnn is it cool. I mean IT IS LOUD. Sounds quiet at idle and like the stinger but with more bass, with no boost but once the whipple kicks in it is crazy. Also I had to go get dinner and my dad was on the front deck a he said he can hear loud and clear on the main roads at WOT where with the stingers we were a ghost's wisper.

Got a clip??? I'm thinking of kooks with an h-pipe.

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
I am going to go with JBA Mid-length headers, JBA 3" Cat H-Pipe, and 3" Dynomax 19314 Cat-back.

Anyone have this combo with a sound clip? How about a sound clip of the Dynomax 19314?

I found a clip on the JBA website with the Mids, H-pipe, and the JBA 3" cat back.....

2003 Ford Cobra 4.6L 4v with JBA Headers p/n 6625SJT, JBA H-pipe w/ cats p/n 6625HC and JBA Exhaust System p/n 50-2626
http://www.jbaheaders.com/downloads/03sys.mpg

Sounds pretty good, but I love the sound of the dynomax... at least, I have on every other Mustang I have owned. Something about the sound of the Ultraflow welded's :)

http://www.jbaheaders.com/Sounds.asp

Exit Speed

Alpha Omega Racing
Established Member
Hooker LT's, off-road Hooker X-pipe, Magna-Flow catback. I have wrapped the entire exhaust starting with the x-pipe and going to the edge of the tailpipe where it meets the tips. I open track the car and this was done to keep heat off the Differential. I was just at an event where there were quite a few other Cobra's, say 25 or so and my family members say that my exhaust note and decibel level is in another league. Does anyone think that the header wrap has significantly changed the way the exhaust would normally sound. At other events I have had other Mustang owners say they have never heard such a distinct sound.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Will the bassani mid-lengths fit with a magnaflow catted x-pipe and a magnaflow catback?

I am interested in picking these up.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Borla Stingers + Bassani Catted X = loud and a little raspy

Added bassani headers = DEEPER less raspy and LOUDER.

Ocho Cinco
Established Member
blk04cobra1 said:
For those interested, Ive got a guy who can get you the BBK's + matching Xpipe for $620 shipped...probably about $50 cheaper than anywhere else...let me know if you're interested.
Im interested. I cant PM you though.. my email is [email protected] and my aim is "a9r". im def interested in some ceramic coated full length headers. And a o/r x pipe... thanks :thumbsup:

TBAJ

Established Member
Has anyone installed the Bassani mid-lengths with an h-pipe? Is this possible? I do not want to get the Bassani x-pipe and have a raspy sound. I had that with my Camaro and I hated it. The car has the borla Stingers.

Also, what about the JBA's?

Last edited:

510Terminator

Established Member
i have MAC long tubes, MAC catted H , SLP Loud Mouths, and its pretty freakin loud ,i had the LM's with stock headers ,and stock mid,it sounded good ,but once i added the MAC headers and midpipe ,it made a HUGE difference in sound, i love my setup

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
How are the JBA shorty headers, they are 50 state legal and I was wondering if the gains were faiorly similar to that of a LT....does boost drop with the shorty header?

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
I have some Bassani midlgths, fr500 h pipe, and magnaflow catback..... no cats..... INSANE!!! It literally hurts your eardrums when you stand behind

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
4.6 Mustang headers from best to worst IMO.

Kooks > Stainless Works > SLP > Hooker > JBA mids > BBK > Bassani mids > Mac > Flowtech > JBA shorties > Hedman > BBK shorties > FRPP shorties

JMO.

The best:
KooksLTsandX2.jpg

KooksLTandX.jpg

Kooksbadge.jpg

KooksORX.jpg

spikecollector2.jpg

spikecollector1.jpg

SlipFit.jpg

prettywelds.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread