Headers

projekZERO

Werd
Established Member
I wanna just start alittle topic to maybe shed some light on the subject of headers. to maybe point out a few things and perhaps understand a few things myself.

MAINLY... i dont understand why most people would choose a long tube header on a blown car. conventional wisdom tells me a large short tube header would completely stomp a long tube on a blown car. i understand there is no large tube shorties for our cars right now, but why doesnt anyone offer one? they have them for the 2v motor.

i know from experience with 4 cyl motors that header design was greatly influenced by engine design, long rod motors would benefit under the curve from long 4-2-1 headers while short rod motors prefered long 4-1 headers. cyl pairing of course played a role as did primary and secondary tube sizes.

on just about every supercharged 4cyl i can ever remember large equal length short tube headers always dominated and even more so on high boosted aplications.

i understand long equal length headers have always been a basic rule of thumb on mustangs, but have we gotten so into conformity that we forgot, to maybe try something else? our cobra motors are nothin alike form the old 5.0 mills, and i for one will be willing to be the test mule for a quality set of short equal length large tube headers, even at my cost! im that sure they will do awsome! ive even talked to a reputable engine builder on this one. and he agrees.

im not posting to make facts, but start a depate. i want others views and opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread