Heart Warming Story!

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
You know what is sad, the only thing that seems to be mentioned, is the armed robbers are dead.

raustin0017

Established Member
Hate to say this...but the guy was 100% wrong for chasing after them and using his weapon. His time to react was when his life was in danger not after the thugs departed the area.
Please don't me wrong...both of the thugs should be 6 feet under.
Hope the guy is not charged with murder but wont be surprised.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Hate to say this...but the guy was 100% wrong for chasing after them and using his weapon. His time to react was when his life was in danger not after the thugs departed the area.
Oh I can think of a couple good defenses for the clerk to get him off the hook for doing it. This isn’t one of the arguments, but we need a little vigilante justice.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yea I was like geeeez the dude chased after him and likely shot him in the back but we dont have all the details and he could have chased the guy to see where their vehicle was parked to get a vehicle description.

Cause they didnt come there on foot likely and the suspects could have turned around and shot at him and he returned fire and killed one of them...... Maybe?

But nonetheless GREAT for him! I guess the only tragedy is he didnt get to kill BOTH Animals! Cause ya know dam well they will do this again.

In my experience robbery suspects like this continue to commit robberies till they are caught or shot or chased by the Police.

2ndtime04

Eff em and feed em fish!!
Established Member
The way the broward prosecutor is now, im sure he will try and go after the clerk and not the bad guys. After all, they have families to feed.

blownstang01

Established Member
"They said they were going to come back and kill me and my family if I describe them to the police."
"After I was pistol whipped in the head, all I could think about was them going after my family"
" I heard them saying that I saw their faces"
Etc, Etc, etc.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
100% wrong is what way exactly? Like if I read the statute his actions would not fit and therefore violated Florida's General Criminal Code? OR What he did was morally wrong and should be held accountable?

U do realize that when criminals rob a particular store and get away with it they often come back to the very same store and rob it again and often kill when doing so. Seen this happen DOZENS of times personally over 25 years.

Which is it? Criminally responsible or Morally responsible? If u were picking ONE which would it be?

Adower

Established Member
Clerk's words should be: I chased them down the alley way and he pointed a firearm at me while trying to run. I feared for my life so I shot him.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Definitely okay to shoot the perps even if he chased and shot them in the back.... they had just stolen his handgun, which in Florida allows for use of deadly force.

Good work, young chap, good work!

btw, took that pistol whip like a champ.

MFE

Established Member
It's Florida, and if he's charged, maybe his defense counsel will argue that they had just committed an armed violent felony, they stole his loaded gun, so there was every indication that they were capable and willing to commit another one, so he was acting in defense of others.

Kartracer

Established Member
I wasn't going to click on this cause it said Heart warming story and then I was like this is SVTP, I bet someone dies .

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member

He wasn't wrong at all, but in the eyes of our shitty liberal justice system we have, they could easily find a way to make it wrong.... That's why crime keeps skyrocketing, less perps getting what they deserve, and more victims getting charged with shit they shouldnt.... This story is a GREAT deterrence for scumbags.

I wont be losing sleep over a piece of shit getting shot and killed in the process of committing multiple violent felonies.

I wasn't going to click on this cause it said Heart warming story and then I was like this is SVTP, I bet someone dies .

Exactly, a heartwarming story!

Machdup1

Established Member
Good shot, unfortunately when they left the building, the threat of immediate bodily harm ended and the clerk became the aggressor when he left the safety of the building, in my state he would be facing charges.

Hopefully Florida law is more lenient, but I don’t think stand your ground applies once the immediate threat has passed.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, after they already took the money, he shoots them?, for money?

Now if he had pulled in progress, all bets (and safety's) are off.

E

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Wrong! Plenty of ppl have chased after Robbers and robbers then point guns at them and they shoot back! Just like a Cop if ur running from him and ur armed and u point ur arm backwards with that gun and he's gonna shoot u right in back!

There are no details as to what happened but that is surely a possibility and has happened countless times so saying he left the building and therefore the immediate threat of bodily harm ended and he then became the aggressor is completely false!

That seems to be the general consensus ppl have with a situation like that but that is completely wrong. If the guys assaulted him with their hands (Strong arm) and ran out them yes he may have gone too far but not here.

Not when the robber has a GUN! Plenty of victims run outside to get a plate off the vehicle or a vehicle description and direction of travel so chasing after the suspect is perfectly legal and if they point a gun at u while doing so u have every right to shoot him DEAD!

Good shot, unfortunately when they left the building, the threat of immediate bodily harm ended and the clerk became the aggressor when he left the safety of the building, in my state he would be facing charges.

Hopefully Florida law is more lenient, but I don’t think stand your ground applies once the immediate threat has passed.

Users who are viewing this thread