Heat Exchanger Install

iwannacobra5

Established Member
i'm getting ready to install my afco dual fan on my 2010 but have a couple questions.

1. can you jump the HE coolant pump on the 2010's to burp the system? i'd rather do this than start the car up. if so, how?

2. for those of you who have installed the afco, did you keep the 30amp fuses in the wiring harness or did you use fuses with less amps? i've seen some guys switch these to 15amps. what is the purpose of doing this?

thanks!

03blueslobra

Established Member
Cobra,
I did a C&R and all did was grab the hose going to the pump and squeezed it a few times. After that it burped itself. Sorry i can't answer number 2.

54First

Grouchy Old Guy
Established Member
It's been a while since I did this, but when I got my AFCO they were still using a single relay and fuse. I think it was a 30A fuse for BOTH fans. The harnesses were melting. AFCO replaced the single for a relay and fuse for EACH fan. They also went from mini (ATM) fuses to standard (ATC) and changed to relays with larger contacts. If you look at the SPAL fan info sheet ( http://www.spalusa.com/pdf/185FH_SPEC.pdf ) you'll see on page 1, the last line under "Wiring" says to use a 15A fuse for a low profile fan (that's what you have). You've got two relays/fans/harnesses, so that's 15A EACH. If you've only got one relay, contact AFCO for a new harness.

You can jumper the pump, but I don't know where the relay is on a 2010.

Steve

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread