Hellcat or S6

My94GT

Established Member
So this fall I’ll be in the market for a newer car. Currently I’m driving a 14 Ford Fusion and it’s been a great daily driver but I’m just bored with it. I’m looking for something fun but need four doors for dad duty as we are having our first kid this summer. I don’t have the time currently to justify keeping the fusion and just buying a toy to drive so I’m looking at what I’d consider dual purpose enjoyable 4 doors.

For a while I’ve liked the S6 but the other day I drove a customers scat pack charger and it was a lot of fun. I figure if that was fun the hell cat has to be even more enjoyable.

I would likely look for a lightly used 2017 which ever way I go but I’m just looking for opinions as I don’t have experience with either car in person. As far as winter driving that’s not a concern as we just picked up an XC90 for the wife which I use when it snows.

I’m also open to other suggestions as I’m in the research stage of the shopping so I have time before I make a final choice.

My94GT

Established Member
I like the scat pack too and they are far far less then a hellcat. It would obviously be leaps and bounds better then the fusion so I also wonder if maybe I save myself the 20k more and just get the scat pack.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Great choice on the kid and XC90, both are awesome! Lol

Hellcat Charger for sure versus the S6. If you think the difference in power isn't a big deal, and its certainly a step up from your Fusion anyway, the Scat Pack is really nice too. I'd love to have one myself. You can always supercharge it down the road if you want more power.

@Zemedici, what says you?

My94GT

Established Member
Are you going to **** with the car?

If so, hellcat all day. The 392s like to blow out the rings if you run more than 5-6psi of boost.

However, Hellcats can make 1000rwhp on stock motor, right @zhisel ? :D

@DavidHasselhoff what say you sir!?!?! hehe

But for real.

Hellcat.

/Thread

Likely don’t plan to mess with the car much. Just looking for a fun daily driver that looks good and sounds good. I won’t be going to the track either way and I don’t go out to street race so maybe the scat pack is the better buy.

Ultimately the only car I lust for is a gen V viper but I’ll have to wait a few years. We just built our new home, got married, have a kid on the way, and have a huge landscaping project with a deck, shed, and garden build this summer plus just bought the wife’s car haha.

The appealing factor of the hellcat obviously is the power, I also wonder reliability. I have a 50mile commute each way so I’ll be chewing through some miles daily.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Are you going to **** with the car?

If so, hellcat all day. The 392s like to blow out the rings if you run more than 5-6psi of boost.

However, Hellcats can make 1000rwhp on stock motor, right @zhisel ? :D

@DavidHasselhoff what say you sir!?!?! hehe

But for real.

Hellcat.

/Thread

This I wasn't aware of, good info! And yes, Hellcats are good to 1,000+rwhp. I've seen it myself! Lol

Zemedici

Established Member
Likely don’t plan to mess with the car much. Just looking for a fun daily driver that looks good and sounds good. I won’t be going to the track either way and I don’t go out to street race so maybe the scat pack is the better buy.

Ultimately the only car I lust for is a gen V viper but I’ll have to wait a few years. We just built our new home, got married, have a kid on the way, and have a huge landscaping project with a deck, shed, and garden build this summer plus just bought the wife’s car haha.

The appealing factor of the hellcat obviously is the power, I also wonder reliability. I have a 50mile commute each way so I’ll be chewing through some miles daily.

If that’s the case go with the Scat and save the money for the viper. :D

Scats are so nice as well

My94GT

Established Member

That’s what the logical side of my brain is thinking. Get the scat pack to keep me content for now, it’s still much more fun then the fusion, and in a few years look into a viper or hell who knows what top dog vette or gt500 offering will have instore.

The car lover in me just wants the best mod friendly car, but last time i did that I ended up with a caged mustang lol

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
So this fall I’ll be in the market for a newer car. Currently I’m driving a 14 Ford Fusion and it’s been a great daily driver but I’m just bored with it. I’m looking for something fun but need four doors for dad duty as we are having our first kid this summer. I don’t have the time currently to justify keeping the fusion and just buying a toy to drive so I’m looking at what I’d consider dual purpose enjoyable 4 doors.

For a while I’ve liked the S6 but the other day I drove a customers scat pack charger and it was a lot of fun. I figure if that was fun the hell cat has to be even more enjoyable.

I would likely look for a lightly used 2017 which ever way I go but I’m just looking for opinions as I don’t have experience with either car in person. As far as winter driving that’s not a concern as we just picked up an XC90 for the wife which I use when it snows.

I’m also open to other suggestions as I’m in the research stage of the shopping so I have time before I make a final choice.
Sorry, this is like saying, “Blond stripper or brunette tranny”. Hellcat all the way.

jrandy

Established Member

I agree. For what you're using it for, I think the Scatpack would be perfect. Although, I'd opt for the dynamics package on the Scat, which adds the better looking (and wider) rims and 6 piston brembos up front.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Scat or Daytona with the dynamics or 21Y option.
Modding wise you are limited unless you want to shell out the money for pistons on top of the blower, or stick to a NA route of H/C/Headers but it's not cheap for the power you'll get.

Can't comment on the S6.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Sooo....tell me again why everyone is shitting on the S6?

Scat Pack performance for Hellcat plus pricing, aftermarket availability and pricing and in general total cost of ownership inside and outside warranty.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
If it were me, I'd go ScatPack and save your money. Livernois has a tune for them now if you need a little extra power. The "other" choice would be a Taurus SHO/Lincoln MKS with an LMS tune. I ran against a ScatPack 392 Challenger at the track last year and yanked him hard at the start and he didn't come around until the finish line. I also have a 2 year old daughter who's rear facing and a second one due in July and I have plenty of room in the front seat.

Users who are viewing this thread