Hellcat Redeye Widebody

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
Gave my new girl her first good detail after the showroom “detailers” scratched it up a bit!E9336329-D279-4E28-BE99-0A58978DC6AD

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
E9336329-D279-4-E28-BE99-0-A58978-DC6-AD.jpg

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
Wait til you put 305/35/20 555Rs or R888Rs on it!
I had my regular Hellcat on 555Rs as a daily and it was perfect. I wasn’t a fan on the stock tires but the stock traction control is amazing.
How do you like the trans? Drive modes?
I’m a die hard stick guy but that ZF 8A is a bad dude.
Rattles you in track mode shifting.
Also, I hope it’s the same on the current cars, but I could double tap the SRT button and it would put the car in my custom drive settings.
Enjoy man!
Shows what Fords been missing with building for the street/strip crowd.
-J
Yeah double tapping the SRT button still puts it in your pre set drive mode. The only draw backs I have found so far are:
1) The dual fuel pumps click really loud at idle from under the rear passenger area. Apparently many current redeye owners say this is common with these. Just a bit annoying at idle only.
and 2) You cant just nail the throttle and roast em predictably every time (at least in auto mode) You have to throttle back and feather the go pedal just right to smoke em through several gears. It apparently hits the rev limiter quicker than the tranny cant grab the next gear, so it kills the fuel/fire before it upshifts on its own. So it stops, re revs, stops again, and so on. Hard to prevent, because it revs to redline so fast. Im thinking drag radials will fix that right up.
But in manual mode, you can pop through the gears and cant even breath or see in no time for the forest fire like smoke show the factory skins produce! Best thing about it is it drifts like a champ. Very predictable and easy to control under intentional power slippage.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah double tapping the SRT button still puts it in your pre set drive mode. The only draw backs I have found so far are:
1) The dual fuel pumps click really loud at idle from under the rear passenger area. Apparently many current redeye owners say this is common with these. Just a bit annoying at idle only.
and 2) You cant just nail the throttle and roast em predictably every time (at least in auto mode) You have to throttle back and feather the go pedal just right to smoke em through several gears. It apparently hits the rev limiter quicker than the tranny cant grab the next gear, so it kills the fuel/fire before it upshifts on its own. So it stops, re revs, stops again, and so on. Hard to prevent, because it revs to redline so fast. Im thinking drag radials will fix that right up.
But in manual mode, you can pop through the gears and cant even breath or see in no time for the forest fire like smoke show the factory skins produce! Best thing about it is it drifts like a champ. Very predictable and easy to control under intentional power slippage.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeees!! I need one

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
What phone do you have?
I just take pics and slightly resize/edit on my iPhone or iPad and directly load them here.
You’ll like the car so much better with drag radials. You may lose some drift there but it’s very much worth it.
-J

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
What phone do you have?
I just take pics and slightly resize/edit on my iPhone or iPad and directly load them here.
You’ll like the car so much better with drag radials. You may lose some drift there but it’s very much worth it.
-J
The most recent iPhone. Yeah I know Ill love the drag radials. The redeye axles and rear ends are built to handle it to. I also got the 7 year bumber to bumber and drive train protection in addition to the 5 yr, 60,000. So Im ready to roll since my 500 mile break in is done. I got full maintenance included too. First time Ive ever trusted a dealer with my new car! But I can watch them do it. It was actually a really knowledgeable girl who serviced it! They let me hang out, right there with her and watch. Then I realized I wont have to jack it up and crawl around under it anymore for now. Kinda nice.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
BEAUTIFUL car......GLAD you took the YELLOW piece off the splitter!!;):)
No sh!t there, the fact you already took those off shows you have good taste.
I kid you not, a co-worker who got a bright GREEN SRT Charger, not only left the front yellow shipping protectors but he got matching yellow ‘racing stripes’ and has kept the front yellows in place.
He puts it in local car shows like its special, no other mods except yellow stripes and the front shipping protectors.
No taste.
-J

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
For real! Says right on it...”to be removed by dealer” they are just to keep the spolier from getting gimped up when loading/unloading and I have seen a few dudes too already that think they are a mod.

Users who are viewing this thread