Hellcat Redeye Widebody

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
BTW...
thanks man. Yeah, they are the hardest to keep clean, but love black cars.
lol
Tell me about it. This is my first black car.
I plan on getting it professionally ceramic coated when the Chinese virus is all gone. If not this summer, then in the very early summer next year.

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
Ok here is the first real downside of owning a 2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.
My auto insurance has doubled! I was paying $1,900 per year for full coverage on 2 vehicles (one of them was the Shelby GT500).
It has now went up to: Wait for it...$3,875. per year! I am 52 yrs old, with a clean MVR and my wife is also. Most carriers will not even insure the redeyes my agent of 15 years who does all of my insurance coverage told me. I have never even had a claim. I knew it would go up, but wow! Oh well, gotta pay to play I guess. Would I still do it? YES!

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
My auto insurance has doubled! I was paying $1,900 per year for full coverage on 2 vehicles (one of them was the Shelby GT500).
It has now went up to: Wait for it...$3,875. per year! I am 52 yrs old, with a clean MVR and my wife is also. Most carriers will not even insure the redeyes my agent of 15 years who does all of my insurance coverage told me. I have never even had a claim. I knew it would go up, but wow! Oh well, gotta pay to play I guess. Would I still do it? YES!

Definitely look outside your agent for coverage.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Holy crap balls!!!!!!!!! lol
Check out Grundy Insurance and see if they fit your needs. Good luck.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Ok here is the first real downside of owning a 2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye........

Just a gentle reminder that we have a separate section called Pics and Video Buffet here on this website. Your lost sir, this is the 13/14 Shelby section:D:D:D:D:D:D

I have Grundy,
I am 46 and as long as you have a secondary car you are good to go. There are no longer any mile restrictions. Just age of driver and can't be primary mode transportation.
I saved $900.00/year with the same coverage, over USAA, All-State. Clean record.

I really like the aesthetics of that car. Very nice!

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
Just a gentle reminder that we have a separate section called Pics and Video Buffet here on this website. Your lost sir, this is the 13/14 Shelby section:D:D:D:D:D:D

I have Grundy,
I am 46 and as long as you have a secondary car you are good to go. There are no longer any mile restrictions. Just age of driver and can't be primary mode transportation.
I saved $900.00/year with the same coverage, over USAA, All-State. Clean record.

I really like the aesthetics of that car. Very nice!
Yeah Im now looking at Grundy and a few others. Already found cheaper quotes. Thanks for the advice fellows. Im sorry we cannot remain friends any longer because of our current auto-differences Kona! It was fun while it lasted...

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah Im now looking at Grundy and a few others. Already found cheaper quotes. Thanks for the advice fellows. Im sorry we cannot remain friends any longer because of our current auto-differences Kona! It was fun while it lasted...

you know I'm clowning right?

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
The dual fuel pumps click really loud at idle from under the rear passenger area.

Haha, you are complaining about how loud your factory twins are. That is a bad problem to have.

kid you not, a co-worker who got a bright GREEN SRT Charger, not only left the front yellow shipping protectors but he got matching yellow ‘racing stripes’ and has kept the front yellows in place.

Gag. What a tool.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes, definitely check on the insurance rates before committing to a Redeye.
Crazy to think I traded a $112k MSRP AMG ML63S on a Hellcat Charger and our insurance went UP almost $900/year. Turns out having a minivan for her and 4 Mustangs and the Charger for me was an issue.
Still, my wife shopped around and got us back to previously similar rates.
I still feel a little increase is worth the smiles per mile!

So @Chancey , what’s the number 1 improvement over the GT500 and what’s the number 1 thing you miss about the GT500?
-J

Users who are viewing this thread