Hellcats?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
This right here As much as it bothers me that this is a fact I have to give credit to new age technology and the Mopar family. Personally I will never convert my cobra into a auto, I don't care how fast it makes me lol just like how I feel about putting a coyote engine in the Terminator. There is always another way of getting things done!
There's always something newer and faster. Look at all the guys that used to swap blowers for the latest and greatest. Get what you want and be happy with it.

I'm still going to keep an eye out for a Hellcat to run as you never know what will happen on the street. But I don't see many especially when I have the Cobra out. The usual problem of when I have the daily all the fast cars are out. When I have the toy out all the fast cars are home.

I did run a Track Hawk when I had the eaton. I assume my weight advantage is what gave me the win.

derockgt

Established Member
I have a buddy getting a stock redeye soon, auto car. My car is making 690~700whp on e85. Doing a t56 Magnum swap right now. I'll update if we get some runs in. I think with the weight advantage in my favor(aluminator and kmember) Ill pull him but im not going past 140.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
On a 40-140 your going to need within 30-40 whp of what an auto hellcat is making in a coyote auto. A cobra is going to need even more with a t56. I have both these cars and have a good idea how they run. If your making much less whp and win they either didnt manually downshift or didnt hook. Which is still a win but you get the idea.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
This right here As much as it bothers me that this is a fact I have to give credit to new age technology and the Mopar family. Personally I will never convert my cobra into a auto, I don't care how fast it makes me lol just like how I feel about putting a coyote engine in the Terminator. There is always another way of getting things done!

A 2003 Cobra with a turbo coyote would literally be a dream car for me. The only question is which trans? A10 or Magnum XL.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
A hellcat with a pulley and tune (99% of Hellcat owners) would smash just about every modified 03 Cobra especially from a hi way roll.

U would need 750+ whp to beat a pulley/tune HC which im sure is what some 03 Cobra owners have. Maybe 10% of 03 Cobra owners have 750+ whp but most will be on corn making that power and the HC does it on 93 pump. Most would simply get their ass handed to them.

These Hellcats are monsters from a roll cause they are geared for it plus the auto trans is 10x better then any T56. They go easily low 10's with a pulley and tune which adds like a 100 hp.
I can't recall if this guy is a member on here, but I believe it's where I seen it.

03-04 cobra which had very similar mods as me. Basically a 2.3 tvs, 21-22psi, E85, headers, ect. Was still running a T56 and a irs.

He was going 9.97ish in the 1/4 mile. Probably a different story from a roll against a pulley tuned hellcat. But having the driver mod makes a huge difference.

Edit:

Here is one with a gen 1 tvs 2.3, stock internals with a turbo 400 running 9.0@148mph...

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I can't recall if this guy is a member on here, but I believe it's where I seen it.

03-04 cobra which had very similar mods as me. Basically a 2.3 tvs, 21-22psi, E85, headers, ect. Was still running a T56 and a irs.

He was going 9.97ish in the 1/4 mile. Probably a different story from a roll against a pulley tuned hellcat. But having the driver mod makes a huge difference.

Edit:

Here is one with a gen 1 tvs 2.3, stock internals with a turbo 400 running 9.0@148mph...

I think the difference is E85. Both cars on 93 and its the Hellcat. E85 will add about a 100 hp to either application. Thats quite a bit.

NoLimitRacing

Established Member
Long live the terminator!!
rocky balboa win GIF by Rocky

Stage 4.6

Established Member

Edit:

That car is getting down!

MalcolmV8

Established Member
malcolmv8 had some good videos of him beating hellcats with his vmp blower from a couple years ago. the one out on the highway against a challenger was really good. can't seem to find it now tho

I think this is probably what you were looking for lol

BTW in that vid right on the hit it looks like I'm not really going, is because my tires are just spinning. I was just laying black lines down the highway going no where lol.

I think Malcolm was in the 800rwhp range back then and if I remember right it wasn't even close.

It's been too long, 700 ~ 800. Honestly I think it was more around 700 but I don't even remember which motor I had at that time. Just a good weight advantage.

TERMN8U

Established Member
Is it possible to beat these modern muscle cars with our aging cobras? Obviously not a stock cobra but a stock hellcat? What kind of power will that require? Rolling 40 mph and up? Drag racing will come down to tires and drivers launch but we still put up a fight right?
**** hell cats. I’m BladeZ06https://youtube.com/watch?v=hzx11okeJfI&feature=share

derockgt

Established Member
On a 40-140 your going to need within 30-40 whp of what an auto hellcat is making in a coyote auto. A cobra is going to need even more with a t56. I have both these cars and have a good idea how they run. If your making much less whp and win they either didnt manually downshift or didnt hook. Which is still a win but you get the idea.
Finally got the runs in. I pulled really hard... like 4 cars by 120 from a 60 roll. Gave him the hit from a 60 roll in third and I reeled him in pretty good. passed with a car length by 120. Only video he sent me was the 3rd run that I gave him the hit.

Last edited:

LS WUT

Established Member
Finally got the runs in. I pulled really hard... like 4 cars by 120 from a 60 roll. Gave him the hit from a 60 roll in third and I reeled him in pretty good. passed with a car length by 120.
This is the first I’m reading of this thread. What’s your mods, and hellcats mods ?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Redeye is intake only, I'm TVS 2.3, supporting mods, fuel system on e85 making 685rwhp. 640lbft tq
Awesome . We have a very similar combo. Buddy has a 16 hellcat with a manual. His is pretty much stock as far as I know.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

LS WUT

Established Member
Redeye is intake only, I'm TVS 2.3, supporting mods, fuel system on e85 making 685rwhp. 640lbft tq
That’s awesome. Have you been to the track or do you only really roll race? I’ve roll raced my buddies hellcat challenger A8 in my 13 GT500. Didn’t catch me. However he ran a 11.2 @124 at the track. He at that point had radials on.

Users who are viewing this thread