Hellion IAT's too high

Janstang

Established Member
Has all this datalogging been done solely on the dyno or have you checked them on the street? I'm curious the temp difference with mother nature helping you instead of a fan in front? I don't recall what my IAT's were at when we did mine, but they didn't ever get to a point that we worried about it. Its making 827rwhp@20psi. I also removed as much of the inner front bumper I could to maximize airflow.

Greg@RET

Established Member
Just change the intercooler...

Here is a pic of Svtboy set up, he has changed it to a blow thru.
Hellionintercooler.gif

No offense to anybody, but anyone who is running one system on their own car will say its fine. Anyone that has changed their stuff will say the other wasnt good enough. Its all personal opinions... :beer:

Greg@RET

Established Member
Has all this datalogging been done solely on the dyno or have you checked them on the street? I'm curious the temp difference with mother nature helping you instead of a fan in front? I don't recall what my IAT's were at when we did mine, but they didn't ever get to a point that we worried about it. Its making 827rwhp@20psi. I also removed as much of the inner front bumper I could to maximize airflow.

With an 88mm you need a bigger intercooler.

Janstang

Established Member
It will most likely be getting one with the new setup going in. It did its job well, but I'm looking for more and want the bigger inlet/outlet on the intercooler to match the bigger piping.

TRBO VNM

No offense to anybody, but anyone who is running one system on their own car will say its fine. Anyone that has changed their stuff will say the other wasnt good enough. Its all personal opinions... :beer:

no offense taken on my part.

every kit out there we can all find different things we would like to be different if we were making our own kit or change just to upgrade it. hell, why do you think we keep modding these cars like we do. lol

for now, when I do my initial setup it will be with the standard hellion provided intercooler. depending on what I do later, I may or may not change it. just depends on the final setup.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Is there a way to check your iat2 with the stock guage cluster, the digital portion that you have to hold down the tripometer before keying on the car to see.. that's how I monitor my coolant temp too. Curious on this since i've never really worried about the iat2 with the turbo.

Users who are viewing this thread