Hellion Single 03 Cobra

nstag8r

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Well finally after a long down time with my car I am finally ready to start tuning it. I went from a 2.8H Kenne Bell to the Hellion single with the Precision 7675 CEA Billet wheel ball bearing upgrade. I converted the cold side to a blow thru using an SCT BA5000 in a VMP 75 mm housing. I am running a 99-01 ported cobra upper and lower intake with an Accufab twin blad throttle body. I also converted to a return fuel system running two Walbro 405's in a Division X hat in the stock tank. I am running a -10 feed and a -8 return with a aeromotive 1:1 boost reference regulator. For injectors I went with a set if Injector Dynamics ID1000's.
I am running a 38mm Tial wastegate and Q50 Tial Blow off vale mounted right after the turbo pipe before it goes into the intercooler. I also just order a QTP 3" cutout to mount in the downpipe. I have also bought the SCT X4 with the Pro Racer package to tune myself. I got the car running but was getting a code for the MAP and the IAT2 becasue the sensor was broken during my build. I also had to move it becasue where I originally drilled the intake to put it there was not enough clearance to put the intake lid back on. After having a buddy TIG up the holes I had drilled I got it moved. I hope to get the car back together tomorrow and fired up again so I can start logging and get the tune taken care of and get some miles on the car. This has been a long project for me because I travel a lot for work and work a lot of overtime and when I'm not doing that it is working on someone elses crap. Hopefully I am done with that for a while and can focus on my car becasue I have a buddy worrying the crap out of me to finish his 06 GTSLOW. I just did a full KOOKS system on that car and WOW that things sounds Bad ASS.

nstag8r

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
I cannot seem to get it to post the picture here. It seems like it just wants to hyperlink my photobucket link. Any ideas why it is doing this?

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Put img tags on the link, remove the part in between the url's.

Engine shot looks great!

20140609_101657_zpsssovobgb.jpg

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks badass! I like that coolant setup too, I've never seen that before.

nstag8r

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Looks badass! I like that coolant setup too, I've never seen that before.

It is the MMR crossover delete and I just made the lines and mounted their Y block where it fit the best for me. I am very happy with how everything turned out so far. I got it running now so just gonna start data logging and learn the pro racer stuff so I can get it tuned so I can beat on it some.

nstag8r

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Almost ready to start datalogging and tuning on the car after I get back from vacation.

Last edited:

nstag8r

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Got the car this morning and getting the p0453 evap code and car running like crap. I cannot find any of the lines off the tank. What else should I look for? I did the full lethal return system and ran a new return and feed line to the regulator.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
No you don't need to do that, just need to do some sleuthing on what's causing that code. My guess is the connection to the sensor is loose or you pinched a wire or something. Good luck.

nstag8r

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
I have been thinking about this all night here at work and think I may have it figured out. I am going to try it when I get up in the morning to see if that fixes it. FINGERS CROSSED

Users who are viewing this thread