Hellion single 76 bb/billet wheel build thread

TRBO VNM

I took your commit the wrong way Jason.

Thanks for the help

An FYI for anyone doing this:
The hole is 1/2 perfect fit it's very snug. I do remember the size I used for the bolts. But I tapped the hole with a 5mm .8 pitch

Fixed. :D

It's cool. You should know I have no problem helping people out. Sometimes I don't have the time to give all the info, so I at least try to give a quick option...here, it was to call the dealer.

Glad you got it taken care of.

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
I plan on running 3 tunes
1 17-18psi on 93 and meth. Meth just to cool it down a bit.

2 21-22 psi on 93 and meth.

3 25 psi on c16! Probly won't run this tune but once a year or so.

You might want to read up on what the factory engine will take unless you upgraded internals.

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
You might want to read up on what the factory engine will take unless you upgraded internals.

Already have killer...

These motors handle stupid power if it's on good gas and a good tune. The only thing to upgrade is the pistons. Everything else is able to hande over my goals. The pistons are iffy yes, but the pistons can handle the pressure pretty good. Just not the heat... Good gas will help alot, meth will too.

Like I've already said, the 25# tune will be ran once or twice a year if any. The 21# will only be run at the track and the 17-18# will be taking me and the lady to applebees on Friday night....

Rtusnake ran like 27psi on a 3.4 whipple for I believe a little over 2 years before his 100% stock motor let go. As you already know twin screw is way harder on a motor than turbo. I'm not saying it won't ever blow! Sumbitch may pop on the dyno! But I'm not gonna be a little girl about it. If it blows,good! Then I can make my car fast!:rockon:

All and all it's a car..... Not my 95yr old feeble grandmother. It's fixable!:burnout:

HIPSI

Established Member
These motors are very strong from the factory let that baby rip
already have killer...

These motors handle stupid power if it's on good gas and a good tune. The only thing to upgrade is the pistons. Everything else is able to hande over my goals. The pistons are iffy yes, but the pistons can handle the pressure pretty good. Just not the heat... Good gas will help alot, meth will too.

Like i've already said, the 25# tune will be ran once or twice a year if any. The 21# will only be run at the track and the 17-18# will be taking me and the lady to applebees on friday night....

Rtusnake ran like 27psi on a 3.4 whipple for i believe a little over 2 years before his 100% stock motor let go. As you already know twin screw is way harder on a motor than turbo. I'm not saying it won't ever blow! Sumbitch may pop on the dyno! But i'm not gonna be a little girl about it. If it blows,good! Then i can make my car fast!:rockon:i did my swap with 38000 miles on the clock and has close to 50000 miles now of pure abuse 100%stock and 3 diffrent power adders so a good tune is all you need
all and all it's a car..... Not my 95yr old feeble grandmother. It's fixable!:burnout:

Last edited:

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
by any chance did you do the remote oil filer relocation? if so do you have any pics of yours?

thanks

No sir there wasn't much need for it. It's nowhere close to being in the way and I can still get to the filter food for oil changes.

I finally got my car loaded and took it to my tuner!!!! I'm hoping by the end of next week I'll be able to drive it!

I hope it makes good power but we shall see, I'm having a snow stage 3 dual nozzle meth kit put on also that way I can run some boost on the skreet. I'm not fortunate enuff to have e85 anywhere close to me.... Here's a couple pics!
e2621048.jpg

b3f50825.jpg

Yea I hauled it on a u haul trailer.... I need to buy one but I just haven't yet.

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
damn man, looks awesome. Love the license plate area and wheels

Thanks man!

I wound up drilling and tapping the intake like in the pic you posted. Thanks for that!

My tuner says he should get started on it early next week and it shouldn't take long to get the meth kit installed and tune it!

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Looks good man, hope tuning goes well

On a side note, does anyone know if you actually have to run the factory style IAT2 with the factory connection for any reason? I wasl always planning on splicing in my IAT1 wires to a slot style blow through maf. Never thought about the possibility of the computer still wanting to see a reading out of that sensor...anyone know?

z28misfit

Established Member
Dont wanna hi jack this thread but I was actually thinking about looking into this kit instead of finishing up my F1A install. The question I have is since I dont have any stock exhaust manifolds anymore does anyone think shorty headers would be worth putting on?? I plan on having cams made up for my car as well and just was thinking the shorty headers are gonna flow better than the manifolds. Anyways to the OP,,your car should be pretty sick to drive :burnout:

TRBO VNM

Dont wanna hi jack this thread but I was actually thinking about looking into this kit instead of finishing up my F1A install. The question I have is since I dont have any stock exhaust manifolds anymore does anyone think shorty headers would be worth putting on?? I plan on having cams made up for my car as well and just was thinking the shorty headers are gonna flow better than the manifolds. Anyways to the OP,,your car should be pretty sick to drive :burnout:

You are better off with the factory manifolds because they hold the heat in better. I was thinking the same thing with my first setup and Hellion tested JBA shorties and they lost power.

If you are interested, I do have a set of stock manifolds that have been jet hot coated I could work into a deal if you are interested in a kit. :D

z28misfit

Established Member
You are better off with the factory manifolds because they hold the heat in better. I was thinking the same thing with my first setup and Hellion tested JBA shorties and they lost power.

If you are interested, I do have a set of stock manifolds that have been jet hot coated I could work into a deal if you are interested in a kit. :D

Well first I would have to sell my F1A kit first before I make a purchase on the turbo kit. How well do the manifolds do with bigger cams. I want fairly aggressive cams

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Update!!!!!!!!!!!!

They finally got to my car and we tuned on it a little today! Just a couple base tunes to get it running good and were gonna throw some power at it in the morning.

I thought this was pretty impressive! At only 10.5 psi the car made 540/540 and it was only revved to 5k! Lol I wasn't expecting that at all!

We wound up at 16psi and it turned 680/670ish tq "not positive"
The 7lb spring is a bit too small for 20+psi on the boost controller so were gonna change springs in the morning also.

I don't recall the timing of those runs because it wasnt really a power tune. Using 93/meth also.

Here's a short vid of the 680 pull, vid doesn't do it justice! That turbo comes on like a light switch and screams!!!!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkdNkKrcSYQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Turbo cobra on dyno - YouTube[/nomedia]

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Thanks everyone! Yea this thing spools quick, very quick!

The spring came in today and the car should be done with tuning Thursday then I'll be making some good videos of it.

Here's a couple problems that I've found in the process of tuning it.

7psi spring won't get you much more than 16psi by boost controller

Get the clamps on the cold side TIGHT! Ive blown 2 off at 16psi

If you can, convert to blow through maf.... Draw thru sucks IMO! Here's why..

The bov charges all the extra boost into the intake pipe between the maf and the turbo when you let out. The maf is so close to the bov inlet that it reads the current back through the maf, in turn causing maf to think it has no air going by it at all. Then since it thinks there's no air then it needs no fuel! We've tried everything with it to get it to work and it's just no way to get it perfect so I'm going to try and get the maf farther from the turbo. I'm going to put the maf into the fender to see what happens.

All this is just a fix for now until I build a blow thru. It doest seem smart at all to run draw thru.... It reads iat temps before it ever gets to the turbo! I'll have to build my own piping and hopefully find a sullivan!

z28misfit

Established Member
If you can't find a Sullivan intake you could always make charge pipes up to your current intake correct?? Also is your intake ported?? You might have already mentioned it and I just didnt catch it

Users who are viewing this thread