Hellion stalling issue

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
For a while now I've had a problem with my car stalling when I came to a stop light, or at the very least dropping down below 500rpm before I could tap the gas and have it idle at 900-1000rpm. I had this problem before I got the car tuned too. After the tune the problem went away but, for no apparent reason, it came back.

Earlier this week I pulled everything apart in an effort to remove the turbo to see what size it was. Anyways, after I re-installed everything, to include the MAF, the problem has gone away. The only thing I did different is to twist my MAF around until it was at the top 12 o'clock position. Before it was turned slightly to the 1 o'clock position.

For those who are having that problem try rotating your MAF around a bit and see what happens. I'm not sure if that will work for everyone, but it did for me. Weird how little things like that make such a big difference.

TRBO VNM

yes, it can be as simple as that and adjusting some things in the tune. I had the issue with my orange car and it was tuned out, no issues with the silver car from beginning to end.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
I have this issue right now. Doesn't do it with an open downpipe. I'm having Lund take a look at it as soon as it's inspected. I'm also installing some freerer flowing exhaust.

TRBO VNM

I have this issue right now. Doesn't do it with an open downpipe. I'm having Lund take a look at it as soon as it's inspected. I'm also installing some freerer flowing exhaust.

Mike

you should give jon a call. he keeps asking me about you and wondering if you were going to take him up on his offer. I would if I were you. if my new car was done I would let him have at it. call him and give him an update on your end.

something interesting Mike, with these computers being adaptive, I know or was told it never stalled before after jon tuned it and then with changing to running open downpipe I wonder if the computer just adapted to that and now you put the catback on it needs to relearn. :shrug: not sure, but interesting. he will get it taken care of though.

Last edited:

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Mike

you should give jon a call. he keeps asking me about you and wondering if you were going to take him up on his offer. I would if I were you. if my new car was done I would let him have at it. call him and give him an update on your end.

something interesting Mike, with these computers being adaptive, I know or was told it never stalled before after jon tuned it and then with changing to running open downpipe I wonder if the computer just adapted to that and now you put the catback on it needs to relearn. :shrug: not sure, but interesting. he will get it taken care of though.

I spoke with him...car is getting the same custom exhaust set-up he has and then it's off to him.

Users who are viewing this thread