Hellion TT price increase?

Blaine

Established Member
Seems Hellion is raising their prices up to 6495.00 on July 1st.

Kinda silly if you ask me. Seems they are going to tip the scale more toward the Whipples and Kenne Bell for Performance per/$$.:shrug:

Last time I checked the economy was still in a the gutter. :poke: I'd pay more if they offered more with the kit to go along with the increased price.

6495.00 for a TT or 3,500 for a Whipple... hmmmmm.

Last edited:

Blaine

Established Member
What we need is some other Turbo options for price control....

Squires?
HP Performance?
Turbonetics?

I can find over 4-5 different companies that make kits for the 2005 GT or the 2003 Cobra..... and ONE for the GT500.

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
You still need all the exhaust mods to hang with the stock Hellion kit..The cost is too close to call...Ask Andy how much he had to spend to do what I did on a stock everything except injectors and a pump gas tune!!:pepper:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Blaine..

It's a sick kit made by the the best in the industry. I'm sure their raising the price due to several things which probably include increased material cost and additional labor that wasn't accounted for when they first made the kit.

As far as the economy goes people can say what they want. From my personal experience the aftermarket industry is strong and people are buying more parts then the were last year and the year before. This "Recession" hasn't hurt our business one bit. So making it seem like a price increase isn't a smart choice is only based on what people have been led to believe by all the media crap about the world is coming to an end.Also, If the economy is truly affecting someone a $5995 or $6495 Turbo kit should be the last thing on their mind.

As far as Whipple's go it's more than just $3500.00 to make it work. You've got an intake, TB, injectors, plugs, tuning that need to be accounted for as well.

Jared

Last edited:

rdsnk46

Established Member
You still need all the exhaust mods to hang with the stock Hellion kit..The cost is too close to call...Ask Andy how much he had to spend to do what I did on a stock everything except injectors and a pump gas tune!!:pepper:
Alot.........:bash: I've seen you put octane higher than 93 in your "Pump gas tune, TT"!LOL!

Last edited:

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
Yes as a safety...But it went faster on pump gas...If you put pump gas in your car with the tune and BOOST you have you will give new meaning to crankcase ventilation. :D LOL

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Blaine..

It's a sick kit made by the the best in the industry. I'm sure their raising the price due to several things which probably include increased material cost and additional labor that wasn't accounted for when they first made the kit.

As far as the economy goes people can say what they want. From my personal experience the aftermarket industry is strong and people are buying more parts then the were last year and the year before. This "Recession" hasn't hurt our business one bit. So making it seem like a price increase isn't a smart choice is only based on what people have been led to believe by all the media crap about the world is coming to an end.Also, If the economy is truly affecting someone a $5995 or $6495 Turbo kit should be the last thing on their mind.

As far as Whipple's go it's more than just $3500.00 to make it work. You've got an intake, TB, injectors, plugs, tuning that need to be accounted for as well.

Jared

Or it could just be simple as simple as supply and demand ;-) They will charge what people will pay and adjust accordingly. Nothing wrong with a profit...it's a fairly simple model in our economy.

If you guys think it is expensive, you need to look at APS products and the turbo kits. Very well built parts as well as turbo kits. Not cheap. I definately spent some coin but you get what you pay for. They need to come out with a GT500 system - competition is good and encourages evolution in products as well as healthy price competition.

Last edited:

Bullitt357

Established Member
Seems Hellion is raising their prices up to 6495.00 on July 1st.

Kinda silly if you ask me. Seems they are going to tip the scale more toward the Whipples and Kenne Bell for Performance per/$$.:shrug:

Last time I checked the economy was still in a the gutter. :poke: I'd pay more if they offered more with the kit to go along with the increased price.

6495.00 for a TT or 3,500 for a Whipple... hmmmmm.

From what I remember $5995 was an introductory price that they probably should have ended sooner considering people will want to bash them now, six months later.

It's funny how a company tries to do something positive (introductory pricing)and some people turn it around to :xpl: on them.

Blaine

Established Member
You can justify the price increase anyway you like. Either way any price increase not matter how small is going to sway $$ oriented people more towards Whipple/TS/KB.

Even at 5995.00 there are only a VERY small handful of people who bought the kit at that price compared to the other power adder options.

$6495 may still be a deal for a Twin Turbo kit, but other people on a BUDGET wanting more power will not think this way.:read:

Last edited:

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
and other people will see that the cost point is not as advertised with the other kits.

and it is not a large group but it is far from just a few now:beer:

blaine, so with this new price are you still considering it or are you going another route?

Blaine

Established Member
and other people will see that the cost point is not as advertised with the other kits.

and it is not a large group but it is far from just a few now:beer:

blaine, so with this new price are you still considering it or are you going another route?

Oh I'll eventually end up with the Hellion kit by the end of the year. Still have the drivetrain to work on during the summer.

Gojira

Established Member
Yes as a safety...But it went faster on pump gas...If you put pump gas in your car with the tune and BOOST you have you will give new meaning to crankcase ventilation. :D LOL

If you're putting in octane booster or a splash of race gas for "safety" then its not really a pump gas tune. I may have been dyno'd with pump gas on that tune but then for it to be considered that you are running pump gas the you should run pump gas.

And of course it went faster on the pump gas. 93 octane is more volatile and burns faster than race gas.

But I think what you are meaning to say is that you do it for piece of mind but even in that case if you dont feel comfortable running you pump gas tune on straight pump gas then what kind of tune is it really.

With that said I have a friend that does the same thing. His car (fox body)will run safely with 15lbs and pump gas but he is so scared something will happen so he always adds a couple gallon of race gas.

anyways bull i'm just razzing ya. it is nice having some piece of mind... nothing wrong with that..

nix5o

Established Member
Well guys I know price increases suck. But I know one thing for a fact the price of turbos went up right after the kit came out. Its easy to point the finger, but sometimes things go deeper than just the people that build the kit. I know if you rode in a tt gt500 you'd still think its worth the money.

Users who are viewing this thread