Hellion twin turbo kit!!

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Well I just pulled the trigger about 2 hours ago and ordered my hellion TT from Chris at BBR and his customer service was awesome! Talked to me two days in a row for 45 min. I will be installing the kit myself in my garage and I will keep you all updated on how it goes. Excited is not even the word that can describe how I feel right now. I come from a turbo foxbody so it will be great to have a turbo mustang again. But with twins :banana:

03lofront

another wannabe ....
Established Member
Ive been waiting to see a normal person and not a shop install one of these. Cant wait to see how it works out. Good luck man!! And congratz!!!

BUCKET

Established Member
Be a few weeks! Awesome man, I got first parts for mine last wensday! Install date for me is 2,3,4th of nov. scheduled the time off me and my boy will be throwing down on it.

Congrats again man! Where you at in Florida? I was in destin/fwb till I moved up in June

Last edited:

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Thanks guys I'm really excited! According to Chris he told me that hellion always has kits made for him and ready to go. He said it will ship out in a few days.

Yeah I also have a few friends helping me also. I'm a do it myself kinda guy on jack stands lol Chris told me that since I did long tubes on my car I shouldnt have a problem with this kit. I called hellion today and they emailed me a PDF of the install manual and it doesn't look to bad . Just some tedious work on making sure you cover a lot of things with the heat wrap. There is absolutely no cutting of any wires or anything at all, everything in this kit is a bolt on job except for oil pan tap but thats expected with a turbo car. Instructions are very detailed and in color for pics.

I'm located in the Cape Coral/ fort myers area about two hours south of Tampa

Last edited:

BUCKET

Established Member
Yep. Been scanning those 61 pages my self. I am super excited about this. Mines going in a '13 boss. Thinking I am eliminating windshield tank any way. Ordered a steeda rad support to maybe to offset few lbs. I'm waiting on precision to ship my turbos, mine came directly from hellion without my knowledge (my girl surprised me for my bday!). If I get mine installed first maybe I'll have some tips to share. Or if you get yours in first... Chris at bbr will be doing my tuning. Have yet to talk to him, but look forward to it with what you have said..... I am excited for you man!

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
do u have to relocate the ecm ?

Yeah they do, from what I can tell is they supply you with some brackets that basically swing it over to the right between the fan and timing cover. Pretty awesome kit that seems very complete. But like I said there is no cutting of any wires and the only wire that you do replace is the the power wire from the battery to the fuse box, but they supply a longer one to go in its place.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Yep. Been scanning those 61 pages my self. I am super excited about this. Mines going in a '13 boss. Thinking I am eliminating windshield tank any way. Ordered a steeda rad support to maybe to offset few lbs. I'm waiting on precision to ship my turbos, mine came directly from hellion without my knowledge (my girl surprised me for my bday!). If I get mine installed first maybe I'll have some tips to share. Or if you get yours in first... Chris at bbr will be doing my tuning. Have yet to talk to him, but look forward to it with what you have said..... I am excited for you man!

Yeah my cars is just a 2011 gt and I told Chris to tune it around 580wheel for now. He said he can do that for me. Ill be going over there as soon as possible. Yeah man definitely if I get everything quick ill be installing very soon. I work for the fire department so I have 48hrs off to dedicate after every 24hr shift lol. I'm sure we can both give each other tips.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Hey bucket question for ya? You know how it says to put the maf in the intercooler location? Well when you look at the pics of the pipe that goes between the intercooler and throttle body, it looks like there is a location there for the maf also. Do you know or think that it comes with a plug? It's like they made it with two maf locations.

BUCKET

Established Member
You know I questioned if there was a plug for that myself yesterday. Like you I have a crazy schedule. Typically avg 60hrs a week.... If I remember tonight I will look at the pipe for that and see what's up. I have everything laid out but still in the bags. I am gonna tune mine in for 6psi. Once I get that dialed in perfect ill start turning up the psi front there.

They did set it up with two maf locations for options. But I'll try to look tonight

Last edited:

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
Congrats man! A lot of people are making big power on these kits but no one seems to be running them down the 1320. I was excited for king of the Street last week because BBR had a TT Hellion car there but they didn't participate apparently. Hopefully once you get your car done we will see some results!

BUCKET

Established Member
Slam'd. You have chris direct # at bbr?

One thing I am trying to figure it what oil I want to run with the twins. Given this any though?

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Slam'd. You have chris direct # at bbr?

One thing I am trying to figure it what oil I want to run with the twins. Given this any though?

Yes I have Chris's number I have a list of questions I want to ask and I'll add the oil question to it

BUCKET

Established Member
Cool PM if you want. Hellion said chris is who will be doing my tuning. Let me know what his thoughts are on oil.

Users who are viewing this thread