hello all. got a few questions.

gucci

00BlkLght
Established Member
i just sold my lightning and im picking up a 04 comp orange mach on monday. got it for 12.5 with 60k on it. not to bad. i was just wondering what is some of the first mods you guys are doing to these cars and what i have to look out for or be careful of. any help will be appriciated. thanks im happy to b back bangn gears.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
jlt ram air or jlt cold air
intake spacer
x or prochamber(o/r if you can get away with it)
catbackI(slp, magnaflow, bassani, borla all make really good power)
tri ax or mgw shifter (roush is actually MY favorite)
4.10s and up! <-----quite a difference, but traction starts to become a real issue
mezeire electric water pump
96-98 cobra intake cams
P&P intakes and short runner intakes from nazman or roy

ill let some others chime in..

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I wouldn't do cams and short runner intake unless staying N/A.

4.10s+ if N/A. If FI, I woudlnt' go above 4.10s

CAI will depend on your preference of look and $$. I went with K and N solely based on market share (you can find their stuff anywhere if there's a warranty issue).

If you do an Electric water pump, I'd wire in a fuse for added safety.

Basically: Catback, MIdpipe, intake spacer, CAI, Tune....and gears if you can.

gucci

00BlkLght
Established Member
there was no head tick. is there a problem with that on these cars? are the machs like the lightning where every time you do a mod you have to tune it? it has an x pipe and cat back on it. how come 96-98 cobra cams? i was hopping to turbo it in a year or so. thanks for all inputs.

Last edited:

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
If your goin turbo i would stay with the 3.55 gears. Just about anything you do beside the intake spacer, electric water pump and shifter your goin to be removing when you go turbo so its almost a waste of money.:shrug: maybe do something to the drivetrain to be able to handle the power.

Last edited:

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
11s n/a is easy. everything i listed with slicks and adj struts/shocks and your there with practice.

96-98 cobra intake cams have a longer duration than mach intake cams.

EVO-lution

Established Member
yea the head tick issue is something I'd fix. just get the headcooling mod before it happens. I got mine and about 2 weekes later had the head tick problem. :(

If you're planning to turb I'd do exhaust, RAI or CAI and a tune. not worth it to waste more money to pull parts off and sell them for cheap when you payed full price for:shrug:

Lets see some pics BTW:thumbsup:

gucci

00BlkLght
Established Member
yea the head tick issue is something I'd fix. just get the headcooling mod before it happens. I got mine and about 2 weekes later had the head tick problem. :(

If you're planning to turb I'd do exhaust, RAI or CAI and a tune. not worth it to waste more money to pull parts off and sell them for cheap when you payed full price for:shrug:

Lets see some pics BTW:thumbsup:

whats the head cooling mod?

gucci

00BlkLght
Established Member
ill ry to get some pics monday. i dont know how to post them so if i send them to someone will they post them for me?

281CJ

Established Member
if you are going turbo a intake spacer and PSR will help, if going with an eaton, do gears and exhaust.

JeromeMach1

Established Member
Gucci, you asked an open-ended question which will result in a wide range of answers. Let us know what your plans (steet, drag, or open track) are for the car, and what rpm (mid or high) range you wish to make power, than we can start throwing out mod suggestions.

Jerome

gucci

00BlkLght
Established Member
more like a street racer type of car. i go to the track every once in awhile. right now i just wanted to do some mods that do not require a retune then go from there. eventually ill add a turbo or eaton but that wont be for about a year because im gettn ready to buy a house.thanks for all input.

Users who are viewing this thread