HELP! 2013 5.0 Bogs down after I give it gas!

8oh4terminator

Novice Termonator *****
Established Member
Hey everybody I just had an issue with my 2013 5.0. I just got in the car and started it and had a slight misfire sound but the rpms stayed steady and then I pulled out of my driveway and when I let off the gas the car bogged wayyy down to like 250 rpm and ran like s*** and then cut off and keeps doing it. Now when I just barely touch the gas and let off it bogs down and its like the engine cant catch up without any throttle. Anybody had the same issue? Car has headers,o/r H-pipe and gt 500 mufflers with AEM tune and stock intake.

jazz05

Established Member
have you unplugged your MAF accidently or on purpose? check harness also TPS

8oh4terminator

Novice Termonator *****
Established Member
Maf looks fine and o2 sensor is fairly new, no CEL so it must be a tune issue. Hopefully a new tune will fix it. Thanks for the input guys

APMECH

Established Member
Hey everybody I just had an issue with my 2013 5.0. I just got in the car and started it and had a slight misfire sound but the rpms stayed steady and then I pulled out of my driveway and when I let off the gas the car bogged wayyy down to like 250 rpm and ran like s*** and then cut off and keeps doing it. Now when I just barely touch the gas and let off it bogs down and its like the engine cant catch up without any throttle. Anybody had the same issue? Car has headers,o/r H-pipe and gt 500 mufflers with AEM tune and stock intake.

You need to give more info. Like what did you do just before you got in and started it up? Did you just install the headers and tune, and then start it up with this issue?

8oh4terminator

Novice Termonator *****
Established Member
You need to give more info. Like what did you do just before you got in and started it up? Did you just install the headers and tune, and then start it up with this issue?

The car has had all the mods and tune for about 10K miles and just randomly had this problem and now it wont go away. I did nothing out of the ordinary, drove home from work no issues at all then the next day it ran terrible. Nobody else was in the car and it was about 40* outside so it seems to have a problem for no reason at all. I just bought a new handheld from bama and once that comes in I guess ill just load a new tune and cross my fingers. Luckily its not my DD, so its not a huge problem but its just annoying that im having issues with a brand new car.:nonono:

CPRsm

If it's been modded and tuned for 10,000 miles, gonna guess it's not the tune. They don't go bad over time, car parts do that

8oh4terminator

Novice Termonator *****
Established Member
If it's been modded and tuned for 10,000 miles, gonna guess it's not the tune. They don't go bad over time, car parts do that

Yea im not sure what to think at this point, guess its time to head over to Ford and see what they have to say which im sure is going to be real cheap to fix:bash:

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Yea im not sure what to think at this point, guess its time to head over to Ford and see what they have to say which im sure is going to be real cheap to fix:bash:

you could always bring it to us. We are about 2 hours from richmond

Im sure we will be cheaper then the dealer

stang910

Established Member
Have you driven the car any to see if it would clear up? On one of my 2011's if you start it from a cold start to just move it from one spot to another the next start up would do exactly what your describing. Drive it about a minute or two and it goes away.

8oh4terminator

Novice Termonator *****
Established Member
I finally figured it out, My SCT picked up P2196 and P2198 which are o2 codes. Says stuck rich bank 1 and 2, sensor 1. Its probably the sensor, does anybody know which sensor number 1 is?

04compgt

Established Member
I finally figured it out, My SCT picked up P2196 and P2198 which are o2 codes. Says stuck rich bank 1 and 2, sensor 1. Its probably the sensor, does anybody know which sensor number 1 is?

I know this may sound crazy, but I had the same issue with my car a while ago, picked up those same codes. I re-flashed the tune in the car and it started running fine again til this day no problems. I have seen the tunes get corrupted sometimes for some some odd reason. If that doesn't fix it, change your o2 sensors, sensor 1 is your wideband sensors which will be the front ones closest to your headers. It says Bank 1 and 2 which is both sides, same thing happened to me and it was just needing the tune to be reflashed, usually both widebands do not go out at the same time. Let us know what you find out.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Your front widebands went bad. We are starting to see this a lot lately on 11s and some 12s. Once in awhile on newer ones.

8oh4terminator

Novice Termonator *****
Established Member
Okay my new bama handheld will be here today so once I put the new tune on it ill post an update of whats going on and no its not e85

Users who are viewing this thread