Help... Car was hit now I cant get her to start :(

vipboy28

Established Member
Hello all, Thank you all for any assistance! As always you guys ROCK and are always helpful!

Current Errors: "Check Fuel Inlet" & "Service AdvanceTrack"
Check Video of sound and error https://photos.app.goo.gl/5ovXUMdYDZ7xU87N7

Accident - While parked with the battery out of the car, another car T-boned my other car and pushed my GT500 rear end about 1.5 feet from where it was parked to the right. (think of like a booty bump) My first car was T-boned in my driveway and pushed into my Gt500 both cars parked parallel to each other. Minor damage to the Gt500... Driver side door dent and scratch, driver side rear quarter panel and wheel well damage dent/perforated body.

Symptoms -
  • Battery: I realized the battery was dead, so i charged it for like 12 hour, disconnected it and left batter out overnight and then tried to start the car got some clicks and saw the battery light. Tried to charge again but it looked like my battery charge (from 1980 something) died So i bought a new fancy one that is a tester and shows % charged etc. I charged the battery up to 92% tried again and realized its not the battery...
  • Check Fuel Inlet - After looking at the dash, i notice this message came on the dash and a quick google search didnt seem favorable. All I receive were clicks and a weird sound from like the dash area almost like a water sound.
  • Service AdvanceTrack - As i opened the door i noticed another message popup quickly (VERY fast actually and couldn't see it). I tried again to start the car, and i got clicks again and that weird noise and finally the message pop.
Any ideas?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Inertia fuel cutoff switch?

if the inertia switch trips the motor should turn over all day long but won't start due to no fuel.

If you haven't load tested the battery you can't rule it out. Internal failures can show proper voltage but wont be able to start the car

HKusp

Established Member
If you are hearing clicking sounds in the dash, that's usually a relay and would probably indicate a low voltage situation, so I would suspect battery first or a bad ground. Load test the battery like DSG said.

mariusvt

Established Member
Bad batteries cause all kinds of weird stuff, if it died and it's the original, even though you charged it, it could still be your problem. I'd get a new one and go from there

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
just buy a brand new battery and also try the inertia switch that was already mentioned

hotcobra03

Established Member
Have you tried another battery.

A shorted battery will charge but when trying to start it will click only.

I just had issues on my 03 with alarm

Did just this click in dash

Ford installed alarm box caused a no start

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Bad batteries cause all kinds of weird stuff, if it died and it's the original, even though you charged it, it could still be your problem. I'd get a new one and go from there
SO true! Just a couple of days ago my wife left her headlights on overnight on her 2019 Kona. Next morning, the battery was just about dead. Car wouldn't start and in minutes the battery was completely dead. AAA jump started the car and we thought everything was good. But she noticed that her HUD wasn't displaying info. We ended up taking it to the dealership and found out yesterday that the HUD unit has to be replaced. It's a $2400 part! Hopefully we'll get the car back by Tuesday. Fortunately it's covered under the warranty. I'm convinced the dying battery caused the issue with her Heads Up Display unit.

Users who are viewing this thread