HELP car wont idle

bullittbuild

Established Member
So car was apart this winter for fuel system and few other updates. I went return style fuel system with a1000 pump, 80 lb injectors, and changed from pmas mass air to sct ba3000. I got a start up tune from Tim Barth car ran pretty decent but I always had a p1121 tps inconsistent with mass air code. The car still ran and idled, the other day I took the tube the mass air is on off to polish it put it all back together and now the car doesn't want to idle. It sounds like it has HUGE cams, smokes, and smells like fuel, if I unplug it the car idles fine. Any ideas? If its plugged in I can hold the throttle at a rpm but runs rough like its getting way too much fuel. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

I thought maybe I didn't get the mass air back in the same position and I need to spin it. Here is a pic of the setup.

4ffa4fd0.jpg

e4e89c3c.jpg

f9d27385.jpg

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Somehow I missed the change from PMAS to SCT. Your start up tune is set up for the SCT right? Why did you change?

bullittbuild

Established Member
Somehow I missed the change from PMAS to SCT. Your start up tune is set up for the SCT right? Why did you change?

PMAS was junk I sent it back (they had it for WEEKS) and when I got it back still said intermittent. I swapped to SCT and problem went away.

32vApe

Not Fast Enough
Established Member
Somthing must have happend to the maf when you took it off, or one of the silicone couplers is not on all the way around.

Users who are viewing this thread