Help.....IRS diff removal..Diff is stuck

xtremekustomz

Established Member
Ok I have everything undone but the diff is stuck in the bushings conected to the lower brace. It is the first time I have done this how can I get the Diff out, i wiggle it up and down and it moves alittle but i cant get it out. The IRS is still in the car. Any info would help.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Ok I have everything undone but the diff is stuck in the bushings conected to the lower brace. It is the first time I have done this how can I get the Diff out, i wiggle it up and down and it moves alittle but i cant get it out. The IRS is still in the car. Any info would help.

Remove the brace on the front of the diff. Those bushings are a pain! If you have the two rear bolts undone, and the half axles out it should be ready to go!

Good luck :beer:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
that's right, you aren't going to be able to remove the diff with stock front bushings unless you remove that brace, or loosen/move it enough to clear.

it is somewhat decieving because it appears like it would be able to come out by wiggling it enough, but it just misses and the crossbrace has to come off (unfortunately).

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Have fun getting those front bolts tight, that is alwYs my favorite part of pulling the diff. You need to get those correct too as those are your control arm bolts

Throw a 15 mm wrench up top. It'll stop against the body. Use a socket/torque wrench on bottom. Done! :beer: i've pulled mine out a lot sadly :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i think supraman may be talking about the front lca bolts that go through the brace. 184 lb/ft is tough to torque on jackstands!

Users who are viewing this thread