Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Other...

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • KIA

Votes: 9 22.5%

• Total voters

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
So, I have been tossing around the idea of possibly getting a newer Shelby GT500 instead of replacing with another Competition Orange 04 Convertible. I honestly have not followed anything about the GT500s other than the basics. My goal is to have around 700rwhp and if it is a 04, 11, or 12 Cobra, I would rather it be cammed. The 04 Cobra would allow about $10k in mod money, the 11-12 would put me in a place where I could spend around 3-4K on mods, and a 13/14 Shelby wouldn't really leave any room for mod money. For the Shelbys I am not necessarily picky about the color. If it was another 04, it would have to be a competition orange convertible. Any input on pros and cons of the newer Shelbys is also much appreciated! Thanks SVTP!

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
Why not try something different? I look at cars like women; you have one and love her. One day you're blindsided by her leaving. Its natural to try and look for someone just like her to replace the one you lost, but somehow it will never be the same.
OMG I think I need therapy

LOL, that is a great response!

Go to the dark side and see if you like it. You can always come back into the light. You might add "other" to the poll.

I decided to stay away from a C6Z as I have twin boys and they LOVE to ride in the car and go on cruises and that is not possible with a vette. MUST have 4 seats.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Why not try something different? I look at cars like women; you have one and love her. One day you're blindsided by her leaving. Its natural to try and look for someone just like her to replace the one you lost, but somehow it will never be the same.

If I'm not mistaken, op car got hit and totaled out. So I'd assume he wasn't ready to get rid of it.

In saying that, I'd maybe test drive a couple different cars just to see if you like them. Why must it be cammed? For the sound?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I voted '13 GT500/'14 GT500.
Awesome cars and they like power/torque. I know you said a car like this would be stock as monies would be tight, but it's got a great base to start from.
Good luck!!

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
If I'm not mistaken, op car got hit and totaled out. So I'd assume he wasn't ready to get rid of it.

In saying that, I'd maybe test drive a couple different cars just to see if you like them. Why must it be cammed? For the sound?

Yes, that is correct. I have had lots of different Mustangs in the past but never a cammed one. Love the sound of a cammed car.
I voted '13 GT500/'14 GT500.
Awesome cars and they like power/torque. I know you said a car like this would be stock as monies would be tight, but it's got a great base to start from.
Good luck!!
Have you driven one? I'm curious to hear from people that made the switch from 03/04s to a 13/14.

Sent from my Pixel using the svtperformance.com mobile app

IllCobra

Established Member
If I didn't want car payments, the only cars i would have taken over a 03 04 cobra would be a 13 14 Shelby or c6 z06.

IllCobra

Established Member
Oh, and you can find 13 14 Shelby's in the $40's. I saw one on autotrader for $41k. All blk, 20k miles, 1 owner, and stock

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I own a stock Terminator and a Whippled '11 GT500. A blower swap on an '11/'/12 is easy and relatively economical. The swap makes the cars stupid fun. The '13/'14's are lovely, but have longer gears and command a good bump in price.

Comparing my stock Terminator to my 750 hp Shelby isn't fair, but driving the Shelby makes me do juvenile things! :)

I vote for '11/'12 + mod money.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Why not a 11-12 GT500 with a trinity blower swap? I have not driven but have rode in my friends 13 GT500 and it's fast stock. I think they have Ford GT cams in them stock. I know the terminator is more raw than the refined GT500 good luck man. Sorry again about your beautiful CO vert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris1badL

Established Member
I recently sold my Whipple 2016 GT and was debating on another mustang. I have owned over 15 mustangs and agree with others in trying something different. I picked up 2015 challenger hellcat. I like it so far.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
I have had two 03 Cobras and I love them to death. Im about to sink another couple thousand into mine as we speak. However if what happened to me happened to you I would try something different. I voted 11-12 GT500 and mod it. Which is what i would do.

stangfreak

Established Member
lmfao!!

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Friend of mine had a 13 GT500. A smaller pulley, tune, and full exhaust put him over 700rwhp on 91.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread