Help Me Help A Buddy (pulley removal)

MikeW

Established Member
HELP!

I have a buddy with a GT500 that is trying a pulley swap. He is using a MEtco pulley tool and the stock pulley will not come off. He has bent the stock pulley and used heat on the snout and it still wont come off.
I have yet to go to his house to check it out but thought I would ask here if there is an easy way to get teh dang thing off.

Thanks is advance :beer:

Alloy Snake

Established Member
Your buddy just dove in feet first,Into the fire!!!At least he wasnt scared to try it.The best solution is to stop,Remove supercharger from vehicle,Send to Stiegemeier for blueprinting,Snout rebuild-which chances are pretty good he needs now anyway,And pulley install.Plan B is buy a supercharger I have with a 2.6 Metco pulley on it-300 miles and stock,Plan C is get a better puller and keep fighting-But when and if you get it done will He feel its reliable after that fight.Tolerances are way tight from the factory-Tough Job.Supercharger removal is very simple.

MikeW

Established Member
I am going over in the am to see what we can do. Dynospeed and Modular Power House both sugessted we cut the pulley off at this point. My only concerns us that the new pulley may put up the same fight going back on. Maybe I can talk him into buying the KB that Posi has for sale on here :idea:.

My stock pulley came right off.. but then again Doug from Billetflow took it off for me ... ... ..

Alloy Snake

Established Member
I removed and installed mine-it was very tough-The installation was the worse part.Maybe cooling the shaft with ice might help.You know-the shrinkage thing.About 300 miles after the pulley install the belt shredded,300 miles after that a knock when cold started in the supercharger.I sent it to Stieg and was very happy with their work and quick turnaround.Today I changed the tires to 305/35/18 555r Nittos,LCAs,and adjustable panhard bar which centers the rear axle.Took 30 minutes and the results are more than phenominal!!!But get that pulley on first,Just dont use the sledghammer!!!

MikeW

Established Member
I may give bob a call if we can get the pulley on. I have been to his shop when he done my port and he is a great person to bounce ideas off of.

MikeW

Established Member
Last night one if our car club buddies helped him out. The took a different stock blower on put it on the car for now. My other buddy has the 2.8KB on his shelby so his stock blower was just sitting in a box. Now we wont be as rushed to get the F'd up pulley off of the one blower.

Users who are viewing this thread