Votes: 42 32.1%
  • Chevrolet Duramax

Votes: 19 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
My Lightning will finally be paid off in a few months and I really want to get a diesel truck when it is. I want a diesel primarily for it's functionality. I'll be able to tow my truck and also haul/tow anything that may come along. I don't really know a lot about todays diesel trucks so I was hoping some of you could help me. I'm not set on one specific make so Ford, Dodge, and Chevrolet are all on the table. I'd like to hear pro's and con's for each make and which you all think would be the better buy. I'm not looking for a dually, just a 2500 model.

rwboring

Established Member
the cummins are built much stronger... i dont know about the new 6.4 that much... but the 6.0 was a very questionable... if you want to mod i dont think there are to many engines that can beat a cummins... built much stronger... and you can still get the 6 speed in them :)

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
My Boss has a King Ranch Ford Dually and it is by far the nicest truck I've been in. The Bi-Turbo Powerstroke is awesome. I love the Ford but I think the Cummins is better. Engine=Dodge Overall=Ford

rcksblr

Established Member
All are pretty good these days. You plan on doing any Mods?

Dodge: the cummins is arguably the most dependable longest lasting motor. They are bulletproof and the best milage out of the three.

Ford: Powerstroke has the best performance stock and unlocked power as well. Plus the ford look inside and out is leaps above Dodge. Not the greatest on fuel milage. I personally think Ford all around is much more dependable than Dodge/Chevy.

Chevy: Duramax performs well and gets similar in milage as the powerstroke. Ford and Chevy are more expensive typically than the Dodge. If you want a manual tranny they are hard to come by.

Buying a pickup for the motor: Go with a Dodge
Buying for all around good pickup: Go with Ford

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
I'd rather get stroked than rammed :D

I just had to use that one..........but personally, I'd go with the Dodge.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Duramax! I've owned a duramax, two cummins, and a powerstroke. Here are my thoughts on them all.
Powerstroke:
My turbo was just about to take a dump on my 6.0junk with only 20,000 miles. Interior is average. Power for pure accelaration is excellent, towing power was good. With the 6.4 giving trouble the only way I would own another powerstroke was if it was the new engine in 2011 or wheneve its coming out.
Cummins:
I had an 05 auto and an 06 six speed. The six speed was a freakin' blast to drive. I had her straight piped and it sounded awesome. It was a freakin' torque monster. It was break the tires loose in fourth gear on a wet road. It would pull the gates off of hell. The 05 auto was a beast too however the tranny was a little weak. Only issues I had were I think I had a weak injector on the 06. It ran rough at idle. My big complaint about the dodge is the interior sucks. Its out dated not very comfortable, poorly designed. Now if I was going to be working out of it and beating the shit out of it I would buy another cummins.
Duramax:
Just sit in one. You can reach the radio without having to hunt for it, bucket seats up front, rides like a car. The allision is awesome. Plenty of power, best fuel mileage. I could go on for days just go drive one!

Users who are viewing this thread