help me picking twins?

termcobra281

Established Member
Ok guys/girls help me pick twins. I had a 76/75 on mostly stock 2003 cobra and loved it but was time for upgrades. I know have a fully built engine. Specs are:

Teksid block
manley crank
monlar rods power adders
custom pistons .10 over 11/1 cr
custom turbo cams todd warren
light ported heads/springs
ARP bolts everywhere

Drivetrain
t56 magnum
twin disc clutch
custom driveshaft
quick time bellhousing

Question is what twin turbos would be good or worth installing for street/strip. I dont wanna lose a bunch of boost when shifting. Id like as much power within reason.... I would love 4 digit power and pretty sure this is doable... So help me pick a set of nice turbos...

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Precision 6466's would be a good choice. I have 6870's and they are awesome. Probably a little too much turbo for what you're trying to do, but they are buy once type turbo and you won't be lookin to upgrade in 2 years.

My brother's shop is WD for Precision, will get you a smokin deal. www.denverhorsepower.com

termcobra281

Established Member
Precision 6466's would be a good choice. I have 6870's and they are awesome. Probably a little too much turbo for what you're trying to do, but they are buy once type turbo and you won't be lookin to upgrade in 2 years.

My brother's shop is WD for Precision, will get you a smokin deal. www.denverhorsepower.com
Thanks. I just came by a 6266 gen 2 turbo brand new on ebay for 1600. I had to jump on it, I hope I wont be wanna to upgrade soon. If so thats ok cus we know it never ends and we are always looking for the next best thing. I seen some good numbers on the 6266 ones so I am thinking it will work just fine for me.

termcobra281

Established Member
Just seen that your brother can do good deals. I will be needing a second one soon so I will hit him up sometime in the future.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
I would almost think of going with a Precision 62/62 for a street stick car. Those are pretty tried and true. I haven't seen the compressor maps for the new Gen 2 ones, but you might even be able to go a little smaller and still achieve your goals with them. All depends on your power goals versus how responsive you want it.

Personally I'm running Turbonetics 66/65s and it comes on fast, but I also have the advantage of a blower. They would probably be pretty lazy for a street/stick car without it.

termcobra281

Established Member
I would almost think of going with a Precision 62/62 for a street stick car. Those are pretty tried and true. I haven't seen the compressor maps for the new Gen 2 ones, but you might even be able to go a little smaller and still achieve your goals with them. All depends on your power goals versus how responsive you want it.

Personally I'm running Turbonetics 66/65s and it comes on fast, but I also have the advantage of a blower. They would probably be pretty lazy for a street/stick car without it.
I agree with you and I was close to buying 6262 but I have todd warren custom cams and he stated that he likes the 6266 better with those cams. I had a 7685 at first and I was going with a single and I did a switch around and decided on twins. With a long story short I decided to split the difference and go 6266 T3 .82ar. The car will rev out to 7500 to 8000 with 373 gearing out back so it might be do just fine. Like everything turbo we will just have to go with it and see how it goes. The t56 magnum I actually got brand new 900$ off but the catch was no 2.66 first but rather the 2.94 first. I will run it down a 1/8 mile track and no 1/4 tracks here local. If all else fails we will just rev the piss out of it and 2step her. With street driving we all know from a dig its hard to hook the ground anyways so if its some lazy it might be a good thing.....

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
If any one is interested I have a set of precision 6262 billet and ball bearing t3 .82 ar turbos with 25 miles on them I’m looking to sell.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
b24bab4519ea1cd6e47a55fbac85f64a.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

termcobra281

Established Member
Todd Warren offered me a a decent deal on bullseye TCT turbos... Anyone ever used the bullseye TCT stuff? Is it worth letting go of the precision and go with the bullseye over the gen 2 precison?

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Todd Warren offered me a a decent deal on bullseye TCT turbos... Anyone ever used the bullseye TCT stuff? Is it worth letting go of the precision and go with the bullseye over the gen 2 precison?
Those are some very good turbos. The only thing with em is they are physically larger than Precisions so packaging is more difficult. It can certainly be done though. Gonna have to remove the radiator mounts and cut the lips off and push the radiator forward and no A/C of course. You of course know you'll be looking at a custom cold and hot side.

termcobra281

Established Member
Those are some very good turbos. The only thing with em is they are physically larger than Precisions so packaging is more difficult. It can certainly be done though. Gonna have to remove the radiator mounts and cut the lips off and push the radiator forward and no A/C of course. You of course know you'll be looking at a custom cold and hot side.
Oh yeah I was planning on doing some custom work on the front end. I think with any decent set up it almost needs to be done. I already have the gen 2 or at least one of them so just wondering would it be worth my time to resell it and go bullseye? I dont mind if its a upgrade. If its not much difference between the 2 I wouldnt even bother with it with trying to resell.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Oh yeah I was planning on doing some custom work on the front end. I think with any decent set up it almost needs to be done. I already have the gen 2 or at least one of them so just wondering would it be worth my time to resell it and go bullseye? I dont mind if its a upgrade. If its not much difference between the 2 I wouldnt even bother with it with trying to resell.
Exactly what TCT turbos are they? And what does he want for them? Precisions are easier to sell than Bullseyes which matters later when you go bigger than 62mm....which you surely will.

termcobra281

Established Member
Exactly what TCT turbos are they? And what does he want for them? Precisions are easier to sell than Bullseyes which matters later when you go bigger than 62mm....which you surely will.
They are the Bullseye TCT series which is like their 6368 with a .70 ar or 6374 with .70ar, and price is around 2,100 a piece.

termcobra281

Established Member
General question about oil restrictors? Do you run any? I am reading you should.... Since we are twin turbo would be be ok with running just one...

Users who are viewing this thread