Help Ordering A Clutch

BlkShelby500

Established Member
I know there are hundreds of clutch post but none of them inform the extras you should purchase when you are doing a clutch. Please help 2013 GT500 (with several mods)

I've decided on RXT1200
What about a flywheel/ throw out bearing/ slave cylinder / pilot bearing/ clutch master cylinder/ clutch line / what do I need not a mechanic but need to know what to order.

TIA!

PM-Performance

Established Member
I’d advise against the RXT 1200 unless you really need that kind of clamping power. I’d not suggest running something like that on a stock drivetrain

that being said they come with the flywheel as well.
Slave and stainless line are not needed, but always suggested, esp with some miles.

Last edited:

BlkShelby500

Established Member
What clutch would you recommend?
Car has stainless works headers, x pipe with cats, exhaust, throttle body, smaller pulley, CAI, shifter and tune. Clutch is slipping need to upgrade. My mechanic said go with the RXT1200.

Wouldn't it make sense to just change out the slave cyclinder and pilot bearing while you are inside. Clutches I see online don't say it comes with a flywheel.

Any vendors wanna help I am ready to purchase.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Xclutch twin disc I think American Muscle has them.
Or you can contact X-Clutch USA and Steve will help you.
I actually drag race and regularly beat their triple organic at over 1000rwhp.
The kits come with really everything including slave and flywheel with bolts.
Best aftermarket I’ve had and I’ve had many.
-J

PM-Performance

Established Member
Car has stainless works headers, x pipe with cats, exhaust, throttle body, smaller pulley, CAI, shifter and tune. Clutch is slipping need to upgrade. My mechanic said go with the RXT1200.

Wouldn't it make sense to just change out the slave cyclinder and pilot bearing while you are inside. Clutches I see online don't say it comes with a flywheel.

Honestly you probably don't need anything crazy let alone a 1200. More clutch isnt always better than less clutch. Unless you enjoy replacing parts when they snap if you are lucky enough to get traction.
You can probably throw another stock one in there and be fine for awhile if you are racing it constantly and have a sticky tire.

But any Xclutch/RXT/RST/DYAD/ect will do fine

Smm7PT

Established Member

I’m in the same boat as you, my clutch itself is fine, but my throwout bearing is bad, I plan on replacing it all with the 10.5” X-Clutch kit. I wonder if American Muscle will help us out.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread